R129 condensation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rusty55

Car
sl320
Just removed car cover drove car around for 20 mins then put pan roof on left over night under carport all ok this morning. Put car on open drive way by 18:00 got in to find All glass including pan roof covered in condensation is this normal. Is this like a single glazed green house and is gel bags best for inside to draw out moisture. Any help please

Last edited:
Stick a caravan dehumidifier in there for a while. You can buy them on eBay for a couple of quid and they work a treat...

Not yet purchased dehumidifier as car now settled down with pan roof under carport but will cover up soon to keep grim off till next week end drive

I also have a pano roof - I get no condensation problems.

I would say that your car is probably better off under the carport without a cover on.

The cover is a condensation trap as you have discovered and if the moisture can't escape then it'll lead to rust.

Only use a breathable cover, which lets moisture out.

The cover I have is a monsoon and suitable for all weather now left off while under carport it had a wash and polish and drive ready for checking for small maintenance jobs

That monsoon car cover is non breathable. I think you're better off without it.

Even the breathable ones suffer condensation. Think back to days you ever been camping and remember the condensation in the mornings, trapped on the *inside* of the fly sheet of the tent. This is especially poignant when you consider that the fly sheet has much more air circulation underneath it than a car cover.

I have the same issue with my r129, be good to know how to get rid if the condensation, do all r129 suffer with this problem ?

BAZ-500SL said:
I have the same issue with my r129, be good to know how to get rid if the condensation, do all r129 suffer with this problem ?

Mine lives outside at the moment. No condensation issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom