r129 interior door panel - fix plastic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R129mine

Car
R129 SL500 from 96
hi

my door panel is slightly loose and it has now caused the top part of the door panel to be damaged and it no longer stays stuck behind the metal clips along the top side (towards the front of the door) and the triangle panel keeps being knocked off when i close the door (door panel comes away a bit and pulls the triangle off)

i had the door panel off and noticed that some of the plastic door clip holders have broken (the holders not the clips themselves) and do you know if i can buy new door clip holders or whether there is an easy way to repair (i am thinking metal strip, and somehow attach it with very shallow screws or very strong glue, melt it in, best would be to get new door clip holders

the picture shows one of the broken clip holders, 3 of them in total are broken all at towards the front

alternative would be to buy a new interior door panel but the cheapest i have seen is about £120 on ebay but no guarantees all the clip holders are 100% or other minor defects

Attachments

• IMG_5281.jpg
    IMG_5281.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 33
The small plastic clips you are showing ought to be readily available from the dealer , I need to order some of the push studs which are missing from the bottom edges of my door cards ; I've yet to find anything I ask for unavailable .

These small parts shouldn't be expensive .

I guess your car will have the later type door panels as shown in the link below , if it is part no 110 in the illustration you are looking for it has a 202 part number ( A 202 988 24 78 ) therefore ought to be readily available .

Door panelling for Mercedes-Benz SL 500 parts catalog

I think its probably the one detailed in this thread- unfortunately no part no given.
Door panel clips - Mercedes-Benz Forum

attachment.php

MB parts in Milton Keynes say you cannot order these clip holders, new door panel is £430 ex VAT, yeah right)

it is too cold and dark now but next year I will fasten the plastic clips to the broken clip holders using a double ended small screw which also means i don't have to mess with removing the old clip holders and re-attaching the new ones

That's how my door panel on my r129 drivers door was fixed. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom