R129 Plastic window replacement costs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Russf123

Car
E270, R129 SL500, Mitsi Shogun LWB
Anyone know a rough cost to have the 3 plastic windows in a R129 SL replaced and any recommendations for a company in the midlands?

Thanks
Russ

Mine were done by carhood warehouse in surrey last year, £395. D-class down here also have a good reputation, and I guess are similar cost.

Some of the other guys on here will be able to provide suggestions; have you done a search? It's been covered here lots....

Good luck!

J

Yes D-Class, highly recommended. Maybe to far ?

So you didn't buy the other Russ' story about waiting a bit longer til they got worse then. I was the other interested party, if the fact was used to encourage you to place a deposit sooner rather than later.

Would be interested to see how your new purchase goes. Was a little reluctant myself only because it was the first I'd viewed too.

Steve

Last edited:
I know a great place in Coventry who does all of ours. I have had three sets done in the last few months.

Tony at Soft Tops - 024 7645 5477

As an aside, mine have had a tiny crack on the 'fold line' at each side edge for two years now. I was expecting them to rapidly get worse, but it hasn't happened yet :dk:. The cracks are barely visible and the car is kept garaged, so I haven't bothered having them replaced so far.

David at d:class fits them for £335+vat and uses te correct thickness in both parts so is like OME

Stezoo,
to be fair to the other Russ, he only mentioned the deposit once I said that I would buy it.
I dont think I have ever bought the first car I have looked at but with the amount of research I have done and the amount of cars I have dismissed after phone calls and emails, this one seemed "right". Would love to know your thoughts on the car, shame we arent up to the 30 posts to have PM facility!

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom