R129 Roof Control module

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CAM603

Car
1991 SL300
Looking for roof control module for 1991 SL300 R129. Part no. A129 820 00 97.
Can anybody help

You might get lucky on eBay or a breakers otherwise it's main dealer only for new ones (on an exchange basis). BBAReman can repair them otherwise.

I had my 1994 SL 320 roof control module repaied by BBa remanufacturing , Rochester , kent in 2012 for £270 ish. Lifetime repair guarantee.. Top job.
worked a treat. Sent off by reg delivery and returned repaired. Highly recommended

hi. i have mercedes w211 270cdi, i which lowering my car is standart no airmatic i dont know which springs and how many lowering mm? thaks

Tried BBA Reman but they couldnt repair it.

Looking for roof control module for 1991 SL300 R129. Part no. A129 820 00 97.
Can anybody help

I've got one.

2zi3km1.jpg

PS new from MB they want about £1100!!!!!

i can vouch for that, and that was the price fitted by my main dealer in about 2004:eek:

however, i then also had a new roof covering fitted and about 6 months later the new module burnt out; it seems the installers must of had it just out of alignment....by this stage the car was with its new owner 500 miles away but my dealer and the new owners local dealer sorted it all out under the new part warranty.

best of luck with the search.

I realise I'm probably on a hiding to nothing, but does anyone happen to have the circuit diagram for the R129 roof control module (129 820 31 26)? Ian Matthews at IMAT was very helpful in identifying the one resistor/diode/thingy which is blown (presumably by a previous owner jump-starting)... now, if I can only find out what it is...!!
Failing that, would anyone be able to help me with a good photo of the circuit board on their one?

They can nearly always be repaired
Are you getting under voltage fault codes by any chance???

We got three faults on the "N52 roof control module" on STAR... Ian said he's come across this before, we took out the module and, lo and behold, there was a clearly burned-out component on the PCB. If I can get a decent quote for repair, well, I'm all ears - otherwise I'll see if I can identify what the component was and solder a new one in myself!

I have wiring diagrams for the R129 - not sure if they cover the roof module but can check at the weekend.

Mercedes don't usually show the internal circuitry of their modules. They are depicted as black boxes on the circuit diagrams. ALL THE INPUT AND OUTPUT CONNECTIONS ARE SHOWN but not the internals!:(
that A129 820 31 26 was replaced[ INTERCHANGEABLE ] by A129 820 39 26. Can you identify the burnt out component by comparison with another control "channel" on the board. Likely to be the same components. you will also have to investigate why it burnt out? maybe one of the many relays has failed? While the later boards have 2 connectors rather than 3 and rely on canbus for control, + the control circuitry will be very different I would be surprised if the the "heavy duty power handling end " will have changed much from the initial design. Might be a source of parts?

Last edited:
I believe there is a youtube video on repairing these iirc.

Thanks all - I'll have a dig around for a A129 820 39 26 and see if there's any way I can figure out what the component was!! I'm told that it's common for one or two to go pop if the car is jump-started, or if any kind of voltage spike is sent through the electrical system...

I have a N52 fault on mine please help where can I get my soft top module repaired from? Or can I buy another one?

Give these guys I ring, I have dealt with them and brought a soft top from the owner, highly recommended. You can check the options with them, they may be able to fix and return yours or just exchange it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom