R129 SL Replacement Stereo and Speakers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toddy2

Car
2000 R129 SL
Hi All,

Just picked up a 2000 R129 SL 320 and am looking for a direct replacement after market stero and speakers. I'm looking for speakers that will fit within previous housing. Not too fussed about the head unit being DAB, so long as it has a usb or SD, Bluetooth might be handy too.

I've had a search through previous threads but it would be good to get fresh opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

Just picked up a 2000 R129 SL 320 and am looking for a direct replacement after market stero and speakers. I'm looking for speakers that will fit within previous housing. Not too fussed about the head unit being DAB, so long as it has a usb or SD, Bluetooth might be handy too.

I've had a search through previous threads but it would be good to get fresh opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Toddy

First of all welcome to the forum - the original radio has a separate amplifier located under the rear passenger seating - so it's not a simple as replacing the head and speakers - you'll have to rewire quite a substantial amount to bypass the amplifier - that said nothing is impossible - please feed back your solution when you have decided upon one - cheers Bernie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom