R171 Slk 55 AMG Fully Floating brake discs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AKAShifty

Car
SLK 55 AMG (R171)
Hi All,

Having had the quote from Mercedes for a new set of discs and pads I've been doing some research (£1000 for a pair of discs seems excessive), and have come across these Front Tarox Brake Discs - Mercedes SLK55 AMG (Performance Pack) (Rotors Only) - Bespoke - TAROX Online Store

After a couple of chats with the friendly sales guy at Tarox I think I'm sold that this is the way to go, but wondered if anyone had any other options for this car or any experience of these Tarox discs?

I'm also assuming OEM pads are the way to go as Tarox don't offer pads for this car at the moment.

Also how about the rears?

Cheers
Trev

Are you sure that is the price for a pair?
Looking at the link, it shows £504 for 1 disc?

That doesn't include the hub either.

Email with your chassis number and I'm sure I can get you a decent price for genuine parts.

[email protected]

AKAShifty said:
He assured me on the phone that's for a pair

It's for one disc, if you add two discs to the basket the price doubles.

Whatever happened to the deal with Brembo? I read somewhere back 6 months ago or so and someone mentioned that the exclusivity deal that AMG has (10 years) comes to an end and that Brembo would be able to supply the same brake parts, therefore the price would be signficantly reduced.

Has this not happened?

If you click on the additional information it says "2 discs", understand it doesn't come with the hubs, apparently it's ok to reuse the originals...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom