R230 Air Con Drain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Denis O

Car
SL350 R230
I have discovered a couple of leaks under my SL350. They arrive, overnight, on the garage floor and there are 2 of them, just inside each of the front wheels.

Both are clear liquid and by taste it's just water.

The drivers side of the bonnet seems to have the coolant which is clearly blue so it's not that. There's none being lost. Behind is the brake fluid, which is yellow so it's not that. The washer fluid is also in that general location but the taste of the leaking fluid is not soapy so that's unlikely. I can't detect any likely suspects on the passenger side. It's as if the car has been put away after it's been out in the rain where I would normally expect some water under the following day. Last few times it's been out in the dry so can't be rain water.

Could it be the air con drain or at least 1 of the puddles. I always have my air con on so this is the only thing that makes sense.

Probably aircon condensation, I wouldn't advise to lick it though, the condensing pan can often cover with mould... If it doesn't smell, is colourless and of no different consistency to water, it will most probably be water.

SWMBO had the brilliant idea of turning off the air con yesterday. We only did a few miles but I left it off and this morning, when I opened the garage door, no liquid under the drivers side so that was obviously the air con drain. There was, however, about 1/2 the normal quantity of liquid under the passenger side front.

Further investigation required methinks.

SWMBO had the brilliant idea of turning off the air con yesterday. We only did a few miles but I left it off and this morning, when I opened the garage door, no liquid under the drivers side so that was obviously the air con drain. There was, however, about 1/2 the normal quantity of liquid under the passenger side front.

Further investigation required methinks.

Leave the air con off for a few days, as mentioned, there is usually a drip tray, there may be condensation water still in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom