R230 owners experiences / advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NormW126

Car
W126, 300SE
Hi, I'm looking into the idea of buying an R230 and thought I would post on here for a little advice and owners experiences if possible. I've owned my W126 for quite a few years and fancy adding something a little sporty to the fleet. I've considered a Porsche 996 as prices for those seem quite reasonable at the moment but I've always loved the look of the R230. I drove an SL55 once and it was lovely but I think I'd probably have to settle for a 350, maybe something like a 2003/2004. I was considering a 500 but I gather they suffer from suspension problems which can be costly, is that correct?

I've done a little research online and the reviews seem to be quite mixed. Of course you tend to read more negative things online that positive generally, so I'd be really interested to hear the advice and experience of club members who actually own these car. Things like reliability, running costs, what to look out for... stuff like that.

Many thanks in advance for your comments / opinions.

Norm

Have you got deep pockets?

The R230 does have a high maintenance overhead and its complexity will be beyond the capabilities of most competant DIYers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom