R230 Reverse Camera – Switch-on Wire and Inspiration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WolfieS

Car
2005 SL350
Hi,

Having fitted an aftermarket Head Unit into my 2005 SL350 with Keyless Entry+Go, I am now looking to fit a Reverse Camera, however, the ‘lock’ button to the side of the boot opening lever takes up the space where a camera might best fit. Therefore, I’m looking for inspiration … I don’t want to drill a hole in the boot lid (so a camera integrated into a number plate plinth is out) – has anybody fitted a reverse camera to an SL and which camera did you fit (and where/how exactly)? Got any pictures?

Ideally, I would like to fit a small CCD camera that connects directly into my Alpine X800D Head Unit, but the Alpine cameras are a cube that still need to be mounted in some fashion.

In addition, I want to connect the aftermarket head unit reverse sense wire into the reverse supply (+12v) lead of the gearshift connector block – anybody know which colour wire is the supply side of the reverse switch? Alternatively, if not the best place to tap into with the head unit reverse sense wire, then have I to go all the way to the back of the car to pick up the supply to the reverse light?

All responses gratefully received.

Kind Regards

Wolfie Souter
Westbury, Wiltshire, UK

If anybody has fitted a reverse camera to an R230, I would still be really interested in seeing a picture of the camera installation - thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom