R230 roof / boot lift failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lxi

Car
SL63 AMG, prior to that A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
My boot hydraulic lift has been a bit iffy for some time - works fine most of the time (opening) and all of the time (closing).

So, with the weather brilliant, it decides not to play (opening) at all. That also means the roof wont play either.

My keyless driver's handle is u/s - passengers side works all the time (as does keyless start), so I thought it might be something to do with that.

Decided to check the roof (same as boot lift/close) pump, removed the boot floor & the foam cover & voila - all fine.

Put the foam back - nothing.

Tried this a few times & so far, almost 100% ok with foam out, 100% fails with it in.

I'm off to look for loose connections & anything else suspect, but would be interested if anyone's had the same symptoms & found to source

TIA

My boot hydraulic lift has been a bit iffy for some time - works fine most of the time (opening) and all of the time (closing).

So, with the weather brilliant, it decides not to play (opening) at all. That also means the roof wont play either.

My keyless driver's handle is u/s - passengers side works all the time (as does keyless start), so I thought it might be something to do with that.

Decided to check the roof (same as boot lift/close) pump, removed the boot floor & the foam cover & voila - all fine.

Put the foam back - nothing.

Tried this a few times & so far, almost 100% ok with foam out, 100% fails with it in.

I'm off to look for loose connections & anything else suspect, but would be interested if anyone's had the same symptoms & found to source

TIA
Hello LXI: Did you ever find out what your problem was? I boot and door locks don't work intermittently. I found a similar thing -- with the foam off the PSe pump, it seems to work. With the foam in place and everything stitched up, it works for a while, and then, if left to sit for a few hours or a day or so, the PSE won't run and the doors and boot won't unlock. If I start the car and let it run for a few minutes, it seems to work again.

Anyone have any ideas?

Just to rule it out, might be worth testing battery condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom