R230 SL - Replacing Plastic Seat Trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DickiPhitt

Car
Audi S3
Has anyone any experience of removing and replacing the plastic trim piece, driver's side, beside seat belt, where seat back meets seat swab? The one on this car I've viewed is broken. How easy or otherwise is it to replace?

Attachments

• Seat.jpg
    Seat.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 16
If it's just a cover then it should be quite easy to remove, probably a couple of clips or torx screws hold it in place.
Do you have a new replacement part to fit? Can you not tell by having a look at that, might give you a clue how to remove the broken one maybe:confused:

No its on a car I've viewed and tested at a dealer, not my own car. The previous owner is adamant it wasn't broken when he owned it.
There's no visible means of attachment / fixing and it might even be a push fit but obviously I can't go riving the part off the car in front of the dealer!
If I knew how much of a job it was to replace it would assist with my buying decision.

Last edited:
It's a five minute job to replace.

One piece of plastic. There's a plug that pops off, it's held on with a metal crush washer behind onto a metal rod, it then just unclips with some plastic clips.

If it's the same trim as used on the 215 CL, I have one spare.

Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom