R230 SL3520 Un-switched 12v power for Dension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garyosullivan

Car
E Class E350 (W212)
Can anyone tell me if/where there is an un-switched permanent power source in the front of a late 2005, early 2006 R230 SL350? This is needed for a Dension installation.

Thanks in advance for your help with this question.

I mounted my Dension next to the amplifier and picked up 12v from the cd changer. It's handy then for the convenient stowage box to mount the Dension connectors for iPod and memory stick where they are out of the way but still accessible. You can also get the fibre connections at the cd changer if you're fitting a gateway......

Paul G

Last edited:
Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I wish I knew that before I pulled the centre console out!

I think I have an unswitched power source off the back of the Comand head unit. Red and Grey from memory. Does anyone know if this is 100% unswitched? My meter suggest so but, MB do funning things and I wouldn't be surprised if it shutdown what the car is locked.

That said the Dension is not working at the moment. I have connected it to the head-unit in the first instance with nothing going to the CD changer. NOTHING. I am now back and forward to Dension tech support.

Thanks again for your help.

What head unit is it...... Are you using the fibre loop through the Dension?
Have you set the links on the Dension to suit the MB MOST protocol?
Paul G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom