1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rac warranty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2003-c180kcoupe, Jul 29, 2011.

1. 2003-c180kcoupe

2003-c180kcoupe Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    c180k coupe
    my car came with a 3 month rac warranty when i bought it . part of the warranty is a vehicle check . as the seller didnt have the facilities to do this check i have to take it to a garage authorised by the rac .

i was surprised to find out that their authorised garage is halfords , i was expecting them to send a rac mechanic to do the checks

2. OP
    OP
    2003-c180kcoupe

Car:
    c180k coupe
    Not looking good so far , never done one before and havnt even got the proper check sheet

3. Ian_Mac

Ian_Mac Hardcore MB Enthusiast

All our works Vauxhall Combo vans are/were taken into Nationwide Auto Centres for their Mot & servicing needs. Last time mine went in I noticed they had been rebranded as Halfords due to a take over or merger.

4. OP
    OP
    2003-c180kcoupe

Car:
    c180k coupe
    thanks didn't know that . They are going to follow the procedure from my warranty book as they have no forms for it , they had to go next door to borrow their photocopier . Very professional . Looks like it's similar to their normal safety check

5. Ian_Mac

Ian_Mac Hardcore MB Enthusiast

In the time I've used them they've changed the cam belt, alternator, full set of discs & pads plus numerous services all without any issues.

Hopefully their mechanics are better tooled up than the office staff!

1 person likes this.
Tags: