Racing brake upgrade for C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Growy16

Car
ML55 W163; ML63 W164; C63 W204; E400 cabriolet; Navara Outlaw V6
Have any of you guys got any experience of the racing brake upgrade up to BS size? http://www.racingbrake.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MB-IRK-02 The stock brembos are great but with the added power of the SC I am considering an upgrade. Not cheap at £3300.00 but the reviews on MB World are all positive. Anybody with information or maybe an alternative upgrade? Cheers

Looks good do they do just the fronts?
I'm assuming the bracket is billet ? I've had experience when non billet adapters and never again !!!!!!!
If these handle track days would be a good product

Most Uk guys who have a weistec sc are running oem brakes they are very good

Try them after your install you may not need a upgrade.

Though about this myself.....even considered ceramics (movit).
But unless you are going to track regularly I think it's money that could be spent better on other things .....I.e coilover suspension etc.

For real world driving then I don't think you'll experience any meaningful benefit unless one of the following apply:
  1. You will take your car to the track regularly
  2. You subscribe to the 'best or nothing' mindset
  3. You have a hard core brake fetish

As said the stock ones are very good. If you are looking to track it then I would consider a better brake fluid and address cooling as they were the issues I faced.

S

Contact Dave at https://www.facebook.com/vagbremtechnic/

The experience and knowledge this guy has in brakes is beyond what you can imagine. I can tell you now anything you get from him will be better than anything off the shelf.

He will tell you the best thing to do for the car. Let me know how you get on as eventually I will use him for the C63

Last edited:
As said the stock ones are very good. If you are looking to track it then I would consider a better brake fluid and address cooling as they were the issues I faced.

S
Steel braided lines are also a good addition (and much cheaper than replacing callipers).

Lee C63 said:
Though about this myself.....even considered ceramics (movit). But unless you are going to track regularly I think it's money that could be spent better on other things .....I.e coilover suspension etc.
Hi Lee. For the time being I have had the H&R lowering springs fitted, they seem to be quite popular and I am quite happy with the damping, just wanted the car lowered. Must admit I have no plans to track the car anymore, but I will use it twice a year for European car rallies where it is on the hammer then on the brakes on pass roads. I plan to use it with OEM, maybe try braided lines and even upgrade the fluid and if it copes that may do.

Simon_M said:
As said the stock ones are very good. If you are looking to track it then I would consider a better brake fluid and address cooling as they were the issues I faced. S
Hi Simon. No further plans to track regularly. I may do the odd day but that will be it, I have a stripped out 330ci now for that. I do agree that the stock Brembos are good and the rotors are very cost effective. I may try a range of other bits mentioned here such as new lines, different fluid, maybe different pads.

Hi Simon. No further plans to track regularly. I may do the odd day but that will be it, I have a stripped out 330ci now for that. I do agree that the stock Brembos are good and the rotors are very cost effective. I may try a range of other bits mentioned here such as new lines, different fluid, maybe different pads.

You weren't the nutter in the silver 330Ci at Goodwood 2 weeks ago were you? I doubt those two will see Christmas! Scary...

As mentioned by others, I forgot the steel brake lines - I never fitted them to the C63 but put them on the Mini within weeks of getting it with a fillup of Castrol SRF.

S

You weren't the nutter in the silver 330Ci at Goodwood 2 weeks ago were you? I doubt those two will see Christmas! Scary...

As mentioned by others, I forgot the steel brake lines - I never fitted them to the C63 but put them on the Mini within weeks of getting it with a fillup of Castrol SRF.

S

LOL, Loving you S.:D

Simon_M said:
You weren't the nutter in the silver 330Ci at Goodwood 2 weeks ago were you? I doubt those two will see Christmas! Scary... As mentioned by others, I forgot the steel brake lines - I never fitted them to the C63 but put them on the Mini within weeks of getting it with a fillup of Castrol SRF. S
Hi Simon. No, wasn't me!! Mine's a blue one. Next trip is Mallory this Friday.

Do you need to do anything with the brake balance when you upsize the front brakes only?

no idea on the standard set up of these modern amg ,s but I would upgrade pad material and go with braided hoses all around ,one thing to watch for going with race spec brakes is they will be totally useless on the road unless you was getting series heat in to them which would be unlikely in day to day use

And they'll more than likely squeal like buggery too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom