Rain Sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SCPSLK

Car
SLK 280 R171
I've had it confirmed that my SLK doesn't have the windscreen rain sensor module fitted. I was hoping it was present but not active.
Does anyone know what is involved in fitting the module, is it a DIY job and price please?
Cheers,
Steve.

It requires a load of modules in the car coding properly - its also a messy job because of the gel on the sensor which has to be completely cleaned up before new rain-light sensor.

If you are near Lightwater, talk to alfie on [email protected] who can do this

Richard

It requires a load of modules in the car coding properly - its also a messy job because of the gel on the sensor which has to be completely cleaned up before new rain-light sensor.

If you are near Lightwater, talk to alfie on [email protected] who can do this

Richard

Thank you Richard.
I've emailed Alfie. I'm miles from Lightwater but my Son, who I visit regularly lives in Bagshot so something could be arranged in future.
Cheers,
Steve

On some sensors (such as those round ones fitted on the W169) it is possible to unclip the sensor to separate the back from its front lens without disturbing the gel/front lens.

In the case of the W169, the existing wiring loom for the light sensor also doubles up for the rain sensor, so it just the matter of coding it up. If using STAR in developer mode, remember that the coding has to be done in two separate places for it to work properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom