Rather worrying

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stratman

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
I've just seen this piece on The Register.

It's basically saying that an imported jammer can defeat GPS based anti theft tracking systems.

Last edited:
Luckily a lot of Tracker retrievals come from just homing in on the broadcast signal rather than relying on communicated location data.

The state has no business saying what a grown man can and cannot own, as far as I'm concerned - so the ball's in Tracker's court.

The state has no business saying what a grown man can and cannot own, as far as I'm concerned - so the ball's in Tracker's court.

I agree with that - although principles are always given their biggest test in the face of crime prevention.

The intent of course as always, is to combat anything that will stop behaviour and activity by ordinary people in the future that will be deemed either chargeable or illegal at a later time... and they waste no time with their grants of money when and where it suits their cause. If it's anything to do with the electronic future, nothing gets in the way.

Tracker isn't GPS-based at least, although some of the units do have a GPS element to them.

A quick internet search will find them.

I was going to post a link but I am usure on the forum rules of this, though they also block mobile phone signals, I wonder if I increased the power they would interfear with my regge loving neigbors Hi Fi?

A quick internet search will find them.

I was going to post a link but I am usure on the forum rules of this, though they also block mobile phone signals, I wonder if I increased the power they would interfear with my regge loving neigbors Hi Fi?

Probably not, but you would attract the attention of the police. Messing with radio frequencies is rather frowned on (usually in the guise of blocking emergency services' or air traffic control comms).

Like 5 kilos of Semtex or 10 kilos of cocaine or heroin you mean?;)

And not catering for the lowest form of intelligence that brings everyone down. The dumbing hand of the nanny state.

Next, removal of speed limits. You should know how fast to drive. The signs would only be there for advice for those who didnt know the area.

Wishful thinking....

Next, removal of speed limits. You should know how fast to drive. The signs would only be there for advice for those who didnt know the area.

Wishful thinking....

Strange then that so many road accidents occur within 5 miles of home.

How many car journeys do you think occur within 5 miles of home?

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

Luckily, the statisticians factored that (slightly obvious) element into their statistics. That would have been a real "Doh!" moment, otherwise.

I was referring to Steves suggestion about removing speed limits for those who knew the area they were driving in, i.e. within 5 miles of ones home.

I do not know the answer to your question, but of your total annual mileage what percentage is done within 5 miles of your home? In my own case it would be about 15%

Last edited:
I heard that 100% of domestic accidents happened in the home...;):rolleyes:

Very good Steve.:wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom