Rattling glass !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trickyshaw5

Car
Mercedes E class coupe 2017
Hi all - I've had my W205 2015 c-class AMG 220d Bluetec in the dealers twice now to solve the rattling glass in the drivers door.

I've been told new seals have been installed but its no different

Is it true this is a known defect - common I gather in the US and Japan

Anyone else suffering / had the problem resolved

I'm using Oxford Dealer who are usually very good indeed.

Cheers all.

Hi all - I've had my W205 2015 c-class AMG 220d Bluetec in the dealers twice now to solve the rattling glass in the drivers door.

I've been told new seals have been installed but its no different

Is it true this is a known defect - common I gather in the US and Japan

Anyone else suffering / had the problem resolved

I'm using Oxford Dealer who are usually very good indeed.

Cheers all.

Try for a double glazed replacement?

trickyshaw5 said:
Hi all - I've had my W205 2015 c-class AMG 220d Bluetec in the dealers twice now to solve the rattling glass in the drivers door. I've been told new seals have been installed but its no different Is it true this is a known defect - common I gather in the US and Japan Anyone else suffering / had the problem resolved I'm using Oxford Dealer who are usually very good indeed. Cheers all.

One of the many faults on my rejected car, however I believe the glass is not the problem.

It's actually the chrome trim around the glass on the outside, this flex and can emit a sound as though the glass is rattling or creaking. I did see a post on the net from a dealer in Singapore who install a felt lining between the body and door contact point and it solved the problem.

I've noticed this on my W205 when the outside temperature is around 12 - 15 degC. I eventually found that pushing the chrome trim in securely solves it for a while. I don't know if the trim is the cause or the fact that pressure has been applied to that area of the window frame and has shifted something that was rattling.

Ron

What's the wind rush issue as I have pronounced wind noise from the drivers door?

Not sure if you've looked on MBWorld but there quite a detailed thread there and also mention of a potential service bulletin.

Rattling driver' side window glass - Page 3 - MBWorld.org Forums

I've had the W205 wind noise issue but fortunately not this (I can imagine even more annoying).

Hope you get it sorted.

I have also had this. Eventually sorted after two MB franchises tried to solve the rattle. The rattle is slowly reappearing after 30000miles since being 'solved'.

What's the wind rush issue as I have pronounced wind noise from the drivers door?

It seems that the W205 had a major design flaw with regards wind noise on front doors. Affects some cars not others. Doesn't seem to be down to factory either.

There's finally a MB TSB on this. Lots of details here:
Official wind noice service bulletin - MBWorld.org Forums

You might be able to get MB to replace the front door glass with acoustic glass, which helps mask some of the noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom