re setting steering angle sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zenman63

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2016 L450 Range Rover 4.4 AB, 2015 GTs 2017 Range rover evoque
As above is it easy to reset after geometry is done.
I have esp fault and on star no faults, I can clear it but none present but still has esp visit workshop.
Quick test shows steering an so sensor so I guess it needs re calibrating.
I had a quick look and it looks like I need to go through a set up stage?

Car is a SLK 350 2007

Just start the engine and turn the steering from lock to lock a few times.

I have done that and it did not work?

On the R129 I have to do this after reconnecting the battery.
You could try disconnecting the battery then reconnecting
I find that a 3 point turn usually clears it, maybe the rear wheels need to move as well not just lock to lock?

Hi,
No reset is required after alignment, the steering wheel relationship with the steering angle sensor does/shouldn't change after alignment, unless the steering wheel has been removed.

Ok cool, I will give it a try, I have driven it 117miles and the error messages is still there?

Its is now but it was out, thats what put the light on.

If there is a warning showing you will have a fault code 100%

Either...

There is fault due to driving it with the steering out. (Erase it)

There is a fault because you angle sensor has failed. (Replace it)

The value in the abs unit for steering angle differs from the reading at the angle sensor. (Re-calibrate it)

Hmm the fault code says 0 current and if I clear it it still has an F on quick test, the abs lights does flash up now.

How do I re-calibrate it?

Is it your star? I'd imagine a lite software verson or a corrupt file, a capital F is a current fault and should a code, to re-calibrate you would first need to check actual values.

I did a c200k last week and the abs unit was seeing -15' while the steering was straight, the angle sensor was 0:0 when steering straight.

A simple "calibrate" button press mirrored the fugues and the fault code want stored, and then erased.

Yes its my Star C4.
It says F fault 0 stored 0 current, I erase it.
I have looked at values and it was -4,, I will look for the calibrate button tomorrow.

All done after following the road test re set.
Stop the car, start the engine and press the esp button on the dash and within 10 seconds drive slowly turning left and right and then turn 90 deg, bingo light went out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom