Re: Uumode's 1977 W123

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
Wow what a fantastically preserved example.

no wonder he doesnt want to get rid of it, neither would I :bannana:

Amazing condition for its year, a real credit to its owner.

Brian WH said:
I was going to put a bid in. Very nice and well looked after. :D

He is looking to sell to the right buyer, i.e. somebody else who will cherish it as well as he. He's getting on a bit, and doesn't have the time/energy to devote to it. Not sure if any motor museums would be interested, it's fairly old, but not that old yet :)

Oh seeing that car brings back memories for me :) My old man had one from the same year but by the time he got rid of his it had over 300.000 miles on the clock :eek:

And yes, that is an amazing example uumode :) If i had the space and money id buy it and lock it away, only bringing it out for shows :cool:

Stu :cool:

how much is he looking for it?

tempted to get it and put it in my garage.

jaymanek said:
if onyl it was a nicer colour... i already get the mickey taken with my yellow one...
Chocolate Brown ! From an era when the majority of MB were NOT shiny grey.

mickl said:
how much is he looking for it?

tempted to get it and put it in my garage.

I think around £5,500 to £6,500. However, as you imply, you are not really buying a 'car' what you are buying is an 'ornament piece' which you pull out of the garage now and then, to admire, polish, drive a few miles to exercise it, then put back into the garage again - not really everyday transport.

Beautiful car. My grandad had a 240TD estate which he purchased from new in 1984. The car had only covered 41k in its entire life, which came to an abrupt end when i crashed it 2 years ago! :eek: Being unpopular with the family was an understatement especialy when the insurance only paid out a shade under £2k.

If it wasn't for the colour i would have made an offer and tried to redeem myself! Not a personal favourite.

that's above what I could spend at the moment otherwise I'd make an offer. I quite like the colour as well LOL

jaymanek said:
if onyl it was a nicer colour... i already get the mickey taken with my yellow one...

Don't worry Jay, it's only the ones without the bottle or not secure in their own manhood that take the pi** :devil: :devil:

Yellow Mercs rock. :rock: :rock:

Brown is the New Black.

The interior is excellent, wish mine was that clean.

the W123 is THE motor of choice for taxi drivers in Morocco -- the streets are FULL of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom