Really new to posting and new to Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wild1

Car
Mercedes C200 Estate / Mercedes E250
Hi Guys I am a retired Englishman living in Malaysia, I have just bought my first Mercedes, it is a C200 estate 2001 model, w203 chassis. The car is an import to Malaysia from the UK.
I don't have a manual and am still getting my head around it. It looks great and drives like a charm however I do have some age related issues with it.
I would really appreciate if there is anyone else on this forum that would be willing to share issues or remedies in the future should I have any. I have just ordered the Haynes manual for this car so hopefully that will help me.

Currently the issues I have are;

The "Visit Workshop restraint system SRS". Is illuminated on the centre instrument panel, but the previous owner tells me this is normal and has been there for about 4 years. The workshop resets it but it comes back on again after a while.

The climate control panel is only half working, and I am not able to change the airflow direction.

I cannot seem to lift the base of the back seats at the drivers side, the plastic catch seems to be seized and I think I will have to remove the seat to free it, the passenger side will lift but only go so far forward then seems to stop, being restricted by a shiny black plastic, looks like catch, located below the child seat release button. but I cannot work out what it is for.

I am quite excited to join the forum and really like my car even though it is old it is still beautiful to drive.

image1.jpg

Often there is a broken wire under the passenger seat which turns the SRS light on.

Pictures of the seat would be good...the shiny plastic bit.

Welcome to the forum. I've a fair bit of family in Malaysia, but none have Mercedes afaik. Interesting you car by a previous owner was shipped from the UK when Singapore, Australia and Japan are also RHD and closer. Nice looking car btw!

The SRS thing apparently gets reset by the Mercedes garage and all is well for a while then for some reason it comes on again. The only thing that we did each time was turn the key and the engine turn for a split second but did not start because I forgot something, then the key was released and the SRS light came on. I am told it has to be reset by the Mercedes people.
I have read quite a bit about the passenger seat electrics and the numerous problems they seem to cause.
The base of the back seat is stopped going forward by this plastic thing, (image attached) the upper black button is for releasing the child seat the bottom one is what I am referring to.
The previous owner was working in the UK from Malaysia, bought the car new and liked it so much he brought it home.

IMG_5252em.jpg

Hi guys I have fixed the back seat problem,
The removal of the back seat base by loosening the fixing nuts allowed me to first reinstall the base pull handle to the securing catch this allowed the drivers side rear single seat portion to lock and unlock. Then I worked out that the black plastic bit that is clearly seen below the seat should be actually under the seat base not outside. Evidently it looks like someone had removed the seats at some stage and not put them back correctly. Now the part is placed back inside, the rear seat base can now fold fully forward as it supposed too.

One job solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom