Really P*ssed Off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Branchman

Car
2016 C Class
Well I was [FONT=&quot]Patiently counting down the days till I took delivery of my New C Class only 39 days to the 18th of May so started to make arrangements to visit friends and relatives then speaking to Dealer have now been inform will not get it till 20 June.
So thinking of canceling the order and going back to Audi who at least kept their delivery Dates. I am paying Cash for this vehicle with no trade in, and do not expect to be messed around like this.
If I give a Time or Date I stick to it, and I signed for delivery 18th May not anytime they feel like honoring the deal is this standard practice for what should be a Flagship maker if so I will look else where,what are other member thought on this
[/FONT]

I'd call my friends and relatives and let them know. infairness paying cash or finance these days doesn't seem to make a jot of difference.

Annoying all the same, maybe ask for a Couple of free services for the inconvenience.

Would ordering from Audi get you the car you specifiy before 20th June?

If I give a Time or Date I stick to it, and I signed for delivery 18th May not anytime they feel like honoring the deal is this standard practice for what should be a Flagship maker if so I will look else where,what are other member thought on this
If the call had been to tell you that the car would be delivered 20th April, would you be so angry about it? Thought not.

When you signed the order it would have had a statement to the effect that every endeavour will be made to achieve the forecast delivery date, but that time is not of the essence. If you wanted to get angry about any deviation from the forecast delivery date you should have done it before you signed on the dotted line.

I know it's a disappointment, but delivery dates do tend to go back and forth for various reasons so if a particular delivery date is critical to you, the only solution is to buy from dealer stock.

Since most of the UK W205's come from South Africa you should factor in the lag time of a sea voyage from SA to the UK approximately 20 days -- i.e if your car " missed the boat" that could easily explain the delay. Not trying to justify the delay just trying to rationalise why it may have happened which would be completely out of the dealers hands.

Last edited:
Not really the end of the world though is it. You could ask for a loan car for the interim.

Sounds like the dealer heard about your exciting plans to visit friends and relatives and they have hidden your shiny new car away in a jealous rage. :D

Just say you're tired of waiting and ask what they have in their own dealer stock or 'free release' across the country.

AMG Sports with light interiors wont be arriving till July time at best now, dark interiors are a bit better but still waiting lists are extending.

are they made in South Africa ??

I always insist my cars are delivered max 12 weeks from order if not they don't get my business plenty of good cars out there and plenty of dealers wanting business

I always insist my cars are delivered max 12 weeks from order if not they don't get my business plenty of good cars out there and plenty of dealers wanting business

Well that's a bit silly. Most of the SUV's are Tuscaloosa in USA and C saloon is SA, so they're a long wait. If you want some range rovers you're looking over 6 months.

OP, may I ask what options you have chosen. There's a couple of options that are sold out until May

JBD said:
Well that's a bit silly. Most of the SUV's are Tuscaloosa in USA and C saloon is SA, so they're a long wait. If you want some range rovers you're looking over 6 months. OP, may I ask what options you have chosen. There's a couple of options that are sold out until May

That's why I don't drive a new MB or a Range Rover. Audi and BMW will factory build to your spec within 12 weeks easy as long as it's not an S or an M car.

Regardless of what was ordered and what spec, the vehicle should be delivered on time. If there are manufacturing problems or shortages that may prevent delivery on time then it should be made clearer when ordering.

I would also be ****** and would want a courtesy vehicle at the very least, maybe a service or two included too

I'm not saying it's alright for there to be a delay. I'd hope that the dealership are doing their best to be helpful. Unfortunately it's not a case of knowing that there will be a delay. At ordering there's an expected delivery date, but annoyingly it skips forwards and back constantly. Normally they end up arriving within a week either side. C class is an issue at the moment because there's a minor model change from June production onwards.
Mercedes can't keep up with demand at the moment, they're playing catch up. It's unfortunate, but there will always be a slight lag as production tries to keep up with demand.

My SLK was 2 weeks early... :)

. C class is an issue at the moment because there's a minor model change from June production onwards.

Mercedes can't keep up with demand at the moment, they're playing catch up. It's unfortunate, but there will always be a slight lag as production tries to keep up with demand.

Any idea what this model change is?

That's why I don't drive a new MB or a Range Rover. Audi and BMW will factory build to your spec within 12 weeks easy as long as it's not an S or an M car.

Really, my BMW took about 6 months to come - but they managed my expectations and it actually arrived earlier than originally stated.

Back in the day, Audi paid me £35 per day my TT was late - ended up with a cheque for about £1600.

Stick with it, the 205 will be worth it.

S

Very minor, so don't worry. AMG line they're losing runflats and changing the colour of the air vent surround. Sport is losing the exterior chrome pack. There's a price increase coming of between £300-400 depending on spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom