Rear Camera and Active Park Assist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

addbuyer

SUPPORTER
Car
Panamera Turbo S
I have a rear view camera but it doesn't have any screen markers / lines, the ones that show where the vehicle is heading etc. Is this normal, I don't think its an after fit unit as the car has active park assist.

Mine has lines down both sides of the display for width which adjust with the steering, also horizontal ones which are a distance guide.

As far as I know this is the standard fitting, though mine's an E Class with NTG 4.5 COMAND if that makes a difference.

Strange :dk:

I have just been reading up on what i thought was active park assist but it might turn out to be parking guidance i.e. you get all the visible and audible indications / messages but you have to steer yourself?

And before i get all the "if you cant park a C-Class" comments, I haven't tried the system to find out what it does :) Only had the car 4 months so got to leave some discoveries for later dates to keep it fresh :thumb:

Not even tried race start yet guys and never tried it on the old SQ5 in the 18 months i had that motor

Last edited:
I have a rear view camera but it doesn't have any screen markers / lines, the ones that show where the vehicle is heading etc. Is this normal, I don't think its an after fit unit as the car has active park assist.
How old is the car? The previous generation C class didn't have any guidance lines

How old is the car? The previous generation C class didn't have any guidance lines

62 plate w204 facelift

Hi maybe somebody can help with a similar problem my S W221 has a reverse camera and it has the lines,,but when I turn the wheel it says I have turned it too much ,do you have to set the park assist ,must admit I do not use it much ,but might as well get it working correctly

daveenty said:
It's an AMG thing... Other manufacturers may possibly call it "launch control" Or a total waste of time

Very true, some take so much to set up that a car without it leaves them standing off the line. On the E63 I've never been able to get it to work with all the requirements needed to engage it

Not just you Steve, lost the will to live with mine a long time ago. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom