Rear Demister

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woody167

Car
Mercedes CLC 220 cdi Sport
Dear All

I own a 2008 W203 CLC 200 CDi Coupe. On the last service I asked for the rear screen demister to be looked as it only clears the top half of the rear screen. The service manager told me there was some corrosion around the contacts and it would be better or cheaper to get it replaced by a Windscreen company, as the screen is a complete unit. So replacing the demisting element would be too costly. Does anyone know if this is the case? Anyone put me in touch with a garage that would help me in Kent?

I'm also after 2 rear hatch struts but so far been unsuccessful... part no A2039800564......would kind soul steer me in the right direction?

I look forward to any and all comments/advice.

Regards

Garry

I would change the screen on my insurance for £75.

There are some kits for repaiing the demister. like a touch up paint. They are called conductive paint. find where the lines are broken or damaged and paint with it. Firs u have to mask the sides and leave only the widht of the lane. this should save u some money. I vahe the same problem but the corrosion is on the top 3 bars of the screen where the antena is and the receiving is decresed. hope this help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom