Rear Ended

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

proser

Car
W210 E320Cdi Estate
Last week got rear ended by an Audi A3 whilst waiting at some lights near Trafford Park. :devil:
Damage isn't too bad as the towbar frame stopped the bumper from moving to much.

bash.jpg

Phoned the insurance brokers to report the incident and got passed onto the claims dept. they took all the details over the phone and said that a company called Kindertons would ring within the hour to sort out getting my car into the repairers and a replacement car out to me.

Within 45mins Kindertons rang me, went through the details, asked if I needed an estate - No, and said that once they have spoken to the 3rd partied insurance then they will give me a call back to progress further - will probably be tomorrow.

Tomorrow can within an hour and they confirmed that mine was booked into a local garage for Monday and that they would be bringing me a replacement car 1st thing on Monday, but could tell me exactly what i'll be at the time.

Got a call on Friday to confirm everything for Monday and that I would be getting a C200 estate.

9.30am Monday morning and driver arrives with a brand new C200 estate with 9miles on the clock :bannana: and take mine directly to the repairers on a transporter.

I can not fault Kindertons with the way that they have handled it so far, as every call has been follwed up with a txt message confirming details, ref numbers, etc.

Just spoken to repairers and they have put in for a replacement bumper and a full respray of same including the inserts :D as the centre piece got scratched by the hitch of the caravan.
They said that it'll be a couple of days before they are given the go ahead, so looks like I have the C200 until at least next week.

BTW I asked the repairers what it would cost to sort out the rust on the rear arches - they aren't too bad - both have a couple of blisters on the fronts sections and one has an area where it meets the rear bumper.
Price came back at £280+vat. what are peoples thoughts on the price ??

Sounds like excellent service all round , £140 a panel for paintwork strikes me as fairly reasonable too .

Nice to hear about someone getting GOOD service for a change !

Depends on whether they are "treating" the rust and then blowing the paint over or inserting a steel section, filling and re-painting...

Two thoughts:

Firstly, it is reassuring to learn that some claims are still capable of being dealt with efficiently and courteously. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Secondly, the price for the rear arches does not sound bad considering. I recently was quoted £260+VAT just to repaint the rear bumper moulding to cover some light scratches. *

Cheers,

Corned

* And then the buggers repainted the bumper anyway as part of the job (tailgate and rear arch corrosion). Good job I hadn't asked them to proceed on my count. :mad:

Depends on whether they are "treating" the rust and then blowing the paint over or inserting a steel section, filling and re-painting...

Just asked them and they would be:

grinding out the rust, treating, zinc priming, filling, painting and sealing.

:D Liking the zinc priming... if they are good with their grinder that could give a lasting fix!

Oops, good price for that work!

Last edited:
You should mention that you have sung their praises on here...then ask them if they'll knock 10% off;) If you don't ask an' all that. Worth a try maybe?

Let's wait until the job is done and the OP is happy before singing their praises too much ..........

so they have taken your car away and off the road before they have "authorisation" - the only possible explanation is that they are making their money out of the hire of the car to you - the longer you have it the better - it will be an arm and two legs - and you and I will end up paying for it in higher insurance premiums. Great.

Got a text from Kindertons yesterday morning to say that everything has been authorised and the repairers estimate that it'll be completed on Friday (3/7/09). Moving along nicely :)

Rang the repairers to give them the go ahead to do the rear arches and spoke to the same person again. He confirmed that the repair has been authorised and that parts have been ordered; and they'll get on with the arches whilst waiting for them to arrive. :)

so they have taken your car away and off the road before they have "authorisation" - the only possible explanation is that they are making their money out of the hire of the car to you - the longer you have it the better - it will be an arm and two legs - and you and I will end up paying for it in higher insurance premiums. Great.

You're right - between £250-£300 per day at least.

But then, that's what we pay insurance premiums for......

I'm sure if some folks found £5 they would moan and say they wished it was £10

I think this is great service and well done to this dealership. Hopefully the repair will be as good as the service so far received. Thanks for the update and fingers crossed it all works out

You're right - between £250-£300 per day at least.

But then, that's what we pay insurance premiums for......

The hire car is being charged out at £66.60 / day ex. VAT (paperwork in front of me)

Just had a look on enterprise site and for a similar vehicle ( Small Premium

Mercedes Benz C Class, BMW 3 Series or similar) they are quoting about * £64 / day ex VAT

Therefore their rates are competitive with normal car hire companies

* rate depends upon how long the hire is for

I think this is great service and well done to this dealership. Hopefully the repair will be as good as the service so far received. Thanks for the update and fingers crossed it all works out

I am very pleased with the service so far as well, and my fingers are firmly crossed regarding the repairs :D

The hire car is being charged out at £66.60 / day ex. VAT (paperwork in front of me)

Just had a look on enterprise site and for a similar vehicle ( Small Premium

Mercedes Benz C Class, BMW 3 Series or similar) they are quoting about * £64 / day ex VAT

Therefore their rates are competitive with normal car hire companies

* rate depends upon how long the hire is for

That's actually quite cheap! Have they added on things like delivery and collection, insurance etc? Soon mounts up....

Extra items on the rental agreement form:

Collection/Delivery is £50 each way

AIP (additional Insurance premium) per day - no cost shown

IPT at standard rate - whatever that ends up being, depending upon the AIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom