Rear Fog Lights - 2015 E350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbenz76

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 AMG Night Edition Premium Plus Saloon
Hi All

Quick question.

Does the 2015 E350 have one or two rear fog lights?

I have owned the car from new but not used the fog lights until the last few days when we had really bad fog.

I have one light that comes on at the rear (from memory, passenger side).

Could have sworn my last E350 (2010 model) had two.

Thanks

It depends. Most UK models will have one - on the offside. Avoids confusion with brake light or at least thats what I understand. However some markets have two. France seems to be in this category.

I have a 2016 E350 S212 and as mbenz76 said only one rear fog on offside.

TBH never quite understood why only one as if foggy it could appear to be a motor cycle ahead with only one light showing.

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that both can be switched on with Star but cannot remember exactly where I saw this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I understood that the single light was introduced in the belief that would the rush if confusion with brake lights by following motorists?

Memory is a funny thing...especially when you have to remember which side you saw a light shining...:D:D:D

Thank you everyone. Much appreciated.

I will stopp worrying that something is broken :)

I always assumed cars with single lights did so to save money on build costs, but they can't argue that on the E Class I hope.

Thank you everyone. Much appreciated.

I will stopp worrying that something is broken :)

I always assumed cars with single lights did so to save money on build costs, but they can't argue that on the E Class I hope.

You are right because very often everything is in the other side too...including the bulb.

As it would be used as a substitute for a failed brake lamp.

I understood that the single light was introduced in the belief that would the rush if confusion with brake lights by following motorists?
This is correct.

I have no idea where the word "rush" came from in my response? It was typed on my iphone and i have sausage sized fingers.

But I did mean "introduced to stop any confusion between brake lights and fog lights"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom