rear left door lock is not working, C180, 2009.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Houstonrice

Car
C180 K BlueEfficiency, W204, 2009, gasoline, Auto, grey
hi

My c180, 2009, K BlueEfficiency has an issue with its rear left door lock; it ofter don't respond to the remote central lock.

As I may need to replace them, I am now after a part number to get a right part out of ebay.
some says its 'A2047230214' and others say
'A204 760 21 34' or 'A2047302735' or even 'H
L 2047300335'.

I am confused, so help me out...!

there may be variations, so you should let mercedes parts dept give you the correct part number from your chassis number. you'll also need the sacrificial plastic mounting bracket, and about 10 big rivets from them too.
They can be a pain to do so allow plenty of time if you haven't changed one before.
also, very few readily available rivet guns will take the size rivets required for this job (I found out the hard way the first time I changed one of these)

Best to put up your VIN, for non Keyless Go cars, A 204 730 03 35 was used up to end Jan 2009, and A204 730 13 35 from Feb 2009 onwards.

There's another 5 numbers to select from for cars with Keyless Go.

Thanks. Mine is July 2009 register, and will ring the MB main to figure out the part number based on the VIN.

cheddar, do you mean that i will need some other parts, like a plastic mounting bracket and 10 big rivets, as they are not reusuable once taken out from the door??

then, i will get the right part and bring them to a cheap local garage for fitting only; about 1hr job may cost me £40+vat for labour.

From previous posts in this forum, be prepared for the MB dealer to refuse to give you the part number for you to order it elsewhere.

Yes the plastic bracket can possibly be re-used, but it normally gets broken on removal.
But re-use rivets? You joking?

Thanks for comments, and my ignorance for reusing rivets...^^

my local MB dealership told me its part No 'A2047304335' @ £180.12.
However, I can't find a matching one out of Ebay, but only similar like 'A2047230214', 'A2047303635' etc.

Is there any way to figure out the compatible part numbers with 'A2047304335'??

Otherwise, any other place to buy a part at lower price tag?

Bit cheaper:

GENUINE BRAND NEW MERCEDES W212 REAR LEFT DOOR LOCK E CLASS A2047304335 | eBay

My copy of WIS shows this as being fitted to right hand drive W212 E Class cars for model years 800 (2010?) and 801 (2011) that have option code 885 Highten theft protection.

Without having your VIN, I cannot be more specific for W204 fitments, but its obviously a W204 part as its number begins A 204.

PS Tried to 'unbold' the 'Bit cheaper:' text above, but no change from clicking the bold format icon.

Last edited:
What part number is on the broken part?

thanks for the ebay link.
the VIN is WDD204045 2A301391.

i havent managed to take the faluty door lock out yet, so dont know the p-number yet.

My copy of EPC gives A 204 730 21 35 for your VIN.

Its quite likely that MB have replaced it with A 204 730 43 35, as my EPC database is a couple of years old, and the dealers would (should ?) be bang up to date. I also note a Google search for 21 35 brings up only used parts (around £30-50), not new ones.

In short, either 21 35 or 43 35 will replace your existing lock.

Excellent, Codger49.

I now find some used door lock with 'A 204 730 21 35' number, and so that would save me ££.

my c180 is 8yrs old now, so i thought putting a brand new was a bit too much, and now found a possible way for saving, Thank you...!!

guys,

i found that my part number was A2047302135, so Codger49 was damn right...!!

what do i do when assemble back with the rivets? should i use a screw bolts instead? what size will fit??

You’ll need to use the correct rivets, as if you tried to use nuts and bolts there’s no way to access the other side. The correct rivets are penny’s from Mercedes, but you will need to borrow a rivet gun from someone if you don’t have one

That should do it.

Dec

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

guys,

I thought that i was going to buy a new door lock unit and simply replace the faulty one. Then I learnt that many faulty lock units had problems either a spring or a motor in it which then can be fixed at a lower cost.

So, I will try to take my lock out to inspect and then will be in a right position; fix or replace.

I tried to take the lock out, based on this guidance; Youtube video

then I had a glitch finding a screw to loose a door handle; it's on 2.28" in the YouTube video, looked like the German engineer was using a T20 screw and a bit losen them. Of course, I don't speak Germany at all, so only interpreted from the video.
Here, I will need your guidance to go through the step; what tool and how.

As being stopped by that stage, I then assembled back and found that my window is not working then. I did losen the screw for the window and taped fix, as shown at 1.57" in the YouTube, and simply tigitened back the screw up when doing assembly.
It must be a simple setting, and I need guidance as well.

This photo shows where the hole is and so that I need to put a tool through to loose the screw.door handle loosing_Tork 20 screw.jpg

it is a T20 torx, but needs to be longer, narrower than most normal torx bits. getting the angle of it right is tricky too, quite awkward really. I hate replacing these

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom