rear window on e250 coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobertoMercini

Car
E250 BlueEff Coupe
Before I take it in under warranty does anyone have a simple solution as to why the rear window no longer slides across after the door is closed (I'm referring to the mechanism of the windows on cars with no door frame, where the windows drop a cm or 2 on opening - the rear ones also slide away a couple of cm on the coupe). Might save me a trip to and from MB. Thanks!

You have probably had the problem fixed by now but, should it happen again (as it does with mine from time to time) I suggest you lower all the windows, by holding the key against the driver's door handle and keeping the unlocking button depressed for a few seconds. After all the windows have opened, press and hold the lock button on the key and that will raise the windows and should re-programme the windows. If that doesn't work, sit in the car with the key in the ignition and raise all the windows pressing all 4 window switches together. If one or both rear windows still retracts slightly, press and hold the rear switches until they seat in the right place. Then lower and raise the front windows.
Keep trying if you don't get it right first time but the MB workshop will fix it for you if the problem persists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom