Recall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr-Goose

Car
E350 Coupé
Mercedes-Benz recalls 400,000 cars in UK

“Daimler is recalling about 400,000 Mercedes-Benz cars in the UK over a potential airbag safety issue.

The problem affects certain A, B, C, and E-Class models, together with CLA, GLA and GLC vehicles, built between November 2011 and July 2017.”

Also got the letter for my A Class, I've had the starting current limiter recall work done back in September, I got the letter for that in June (three months in total) so I'm not expecting any movement on this soon unless I start getting airbag warning lights!

Liam

Had mine....

I have not had a letter yet, guess I should call them, but it could be that my car is not affected, whatya think?

I have not had a letter yet, guess I should call them, but it could be that my car is not affected, whatya think?

I'd give it a little while first unless of course you start getting the airbag warning lights then take it to a dealer! I don't think Mercedes will be mailing everyone in one shot, I suspect it will be in batches to allow time to process claims effectively. To be honest I'm not sure what your dealer or MBUK could tell you about your car at this point. Coincidentally when my first letter arrived for the fuse recall the car was due its first service so I asked my dealer and MBUK about that particular recall at the time of the service to see if it could be done sooner as it would have made sense. Both looked on the system and there were no recall markers on my car at that time therefore the work could not be done. Fast forward three months I got a second letter informing me that I could proceed to book my into my dealer for the recall work, they also provided me with a recall code in the second letter to supply my dealer with ( I suspect it is a chargeback code for the dealer to charge parts and labour back to MBUK). The dealer didn't need this because they already saw it on the system. It appears the recall marker on my car was only put on the system once the second letter had been issued. Not sure whether this is standard practice but just thought I'd share my previous experience of Mercedes and recall work.

Liam

There will be as many new threads on this topic as there will be letters sent soon :D

Ive just had a recall replacing driver's seatbelt on my GLC and now I have this one. It seems to be a earth thats not as good as it could be and they are replacing something if the resistance is too high.

I received the letter, but as mine had to go in for some warranty work (poor fitting windows on the nearside) they're sorting the airbag issue out now as well. Have been given a GLA200d to run around in. About to load it up with rubbish and go to the council dump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom