Recommend a 12V Tyre Inflator Please !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
alright good peoples,

Ive just changed my space saver for one of those pump up when needed space saver wheels but need a 12v tyre inflator to carry in the car. What one to buy though as prices range from a fiver to about fifty quid and dont want to end up getting stuck !

cheers

Brett

I have a Michelin one. Seems very good and very accurate for pressure

After a bit of research 18 months ago, I bought a Ring Automotive RAC630 inflator and it seems to work OK. The pressure gauge is a bit off, but once you know how far out it is you can set the cut-off pressure accordingly.

After a bit of research 18 months ago, I bought a Ring Automotive RAC630 inflator and it seems to work OK. The pressure gauge is a bit off, but once you know how far out it is you can set the cut-off pressure accordingly.

This one seems to get the best reviews. I got one and used it two times and seems okay.

Hi..I have tried many over the years and the best one by far is the airman resq tyre inflator, it has a super backlit highly accurate pressure gauge, deflate button to remove air and a long lead and a screw on tyre hose, and the unit comes in a nice bag. These are all standard equipment for german manufacturers that don't use run flats and come with the provision of adding sealant to a flat tyre, think this pump is the resq repair kit, best place for lowest price is direct from airman via their website

I've had a Michelin one (round type) for 3 years now, nothing to report other than it keeps pumping and the gauge seems to be fairly accurate - checking against a hand held manual gauge. Bought from Halfords.

I too have been using the round Michelin for a few years now and find it quiet and accurate. I notice though there is a Ring unit that gets superb reviews on Amazon for about £20, some £10 less than the Michelin.

That's good value, and Ring is a good brand name - I have a Ring battery charger/power pack and it keeps cars and mowers running with no trouble.

cheers, does anyone know what a 203 coupe would have come with out the factory to pump up the space saver ?

pump

Thie is what you need 4 in one you can get these down to £30 in places best to shop around .You will get 12 volt booster ok if your battery is dead, a pump and a 12 volt supply and a light on the front .

Last edited:
I too have used the Michelin round type for about 6 years now and still going strong. Very accurate pressure guage too.

I also have the Michelin for 2 years and it has been great, I have had one problem. The valves on my Carlssons wheels on my SL don't work with it

Square Michelin one. £49 from halfords. It's great.

300P Portable Compressor Kit Ref: 30033 viair the best one

I've used this RAC640 for the last four-and-a-half years - never a problem, however I wish it had two memory settings for front and rear tyres - everything else is pretty much automatic.

The one that came with my C32 is does the job well enough.

I got one from Halfords for £5.

When it goes wrong I will put it in the bin and buy another. It's lasted 3 years so far. The only thing wrong with it is the rubber pipe is not really long enough if you park with any of the valves at the top of the wheel. It's only a minor issue though (it means the unit is left hanging down rather than lying on the ground).

I'm not sure how accurate the gauge is though but I keep meaning to buy a separate digital pressure gauge.

Another vote from me for the Michelin tyre inflator, again bought from Halfords about a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom