Recommend a matt screen monitor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
My laptop has a high gloss finish screen, which when using for work shows a lot of reflections. So when at work I'd like to plug it in to a matt screen monitor of about 23" size.

When searching online for monitors I've yet to find a website where you can filter by gloss/matt finish (screen not casing).

So can anyone here please recommend a 23" monitor with a matt screen, 1900x1080, DisplayPort nice but not essential.

Many thanks :)

I don't know the answer Will. But I understand completely. Last year I couldn't get a matt screen laptop without going on special order and getting a Dell Vostro.

I cannot understand the need for a shiny screen. Even my 42" telly is matt. but when it needs replacing I don't think matt is available any more. In a bright sunlit room a shiny screen can be next to useless.

I like to see what's on screen not my own reflection!

Thanks for the suggestion. I've seen those filters before and in one way it would be a good solution. But a greedy part of me would also like to have a larger monitor for work. My laptop is 15", which is a bit small for the work I do. 23" would be very nice. Also those filters are quite expensive compared to a new monitor for £100-200.

The screen I am using on my PC right now has a matt surface. I bought it about 18 months ago. It is a HP 2159v. Only 21" widescreen, but I would expect they do larger.

the HP ZR range are very good, and matt with a dark surround, using a pair of ZR30w here but the hp ZR24w 1920x1200 might fit your bill.

Depends on budget I guess.

I have an iiyama Prolite E2607WS monitor which is excellent and has a matt screen surface .

Details here , other sizes also on the website

E2607WS-B1

I use it a lot for photo work and video editing , bought it as a much better value for money product compared to the Apple 30" Cinema Display , only at a fraction of the price . It also compares well with the Eizo monitors we have at work . I calibrate mine monthly , but it never changes noticeably .

The iiyama has DVI , HDMI and analogue WXGA inputs .

There are other sizes in the range and iiyama sell direct from their website - mine came next day after ordering .

Thanks everyone. As with everything IT there is a vast choice out there.

The Viewsonic VP2365wb is looking near the top of my list

Viewsonic

Though for quite an expensive monitor I'm not sure why it doesn't come with HDMI...maybe VGA are just good enough.

Does anyone know the pros and cons of LED vs. LCD for use as a work monitor?

I'm not so interested about the efficiency of LED screens, but more their quality.

Thanks.

The Viewsonic VP2365wb is looking near the top of my list

I've had a VP2250wb which has a matte screen for about 3yrs and been happy with it - it was about £300 though, although I'm sure whatever is the equivalent now would be cheaper.

but the hp ZR24w 1920x1200 might fit your bill.

Exactly what I'm looking at as I type. Not cheap, but good enough for me to put my hand into my pocket and buy one for home use. Money no object, I'd have the 30" Dell I have at work, but at over a grand I couldn't justify it..

Cheers,

Gaz

Will,

In my, and a two of my graphics editors views, the DELL U30111 is one of the best monitors on the the market. The part number is the 30" monitor but they doe smaller ones in the same range - and they really are a 'fully loaded'.

I am an HP person, but am currently running a Dell monitor and Printer for personal graphic work.

Can't recommend it enough!

Will, its a little bit more but I don't think you'll be disappointed! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom