Recommendations for Andy's Auto Barn?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rossyl

Car
CLK 230K W208 Coupe (1999)(Auto)
Hi All,

I've seen a few recommendations for Tony Fowkes with pictures on the forum. I've also seen Andy's Auto Barn mentioned a few times, mainly by Howard and Nick Mercedes, but not seen any examples of his work.

Would appreciate if anyone has used Andy's Auto Barn if they could recommend him/describe the work done. Any pics would be great.

Cheers
R

Andy painted and fitted the new bumper of my CLS55 ..

excellent job. I was 99% happy.

Coming from Sean 99% is not bad at all.

Andy sorted the rust and repainted the rear arches and bonnet of our little A class

Very happy.

I got a quote from Andy and thought it was on the steep side so havnt done anything about it yet.

How much did the bonnet and rear arches cost on your A class Howard if you dont mind me asking?

The arches were pretty bad when we got it , and when he was doing it , discovered that the jacking points were bad too.

All in , it was £600

Thats much cheaper than the work he quoted for me...

Maybe because mine was an insurance estimate??

What did you want doing ?

I had someone go into the back of my SL last year - only the tiniest of marks but I didnt see why I should live with it.

The £2k quote and catalogue of remedial work work put me off to the point of living with the mark on the bumper.

I had someone go into the back of my SL last year - only the tiniest of marks but I didnt see why I should live with it.

The £2k quote and catalogue of remedial work work put me off to the point of living with the mark on the bumper.

As you say , probably because it was insurance.

i always trust members feedback on others work and i shall get into contact with both these chaps for quotes to do extensive work on my coupe.

i got one from C&N customs....i didnt know if i should laugh or cry!

Thanks Guys

Just for the record has anyone used a company called Benzworx ?
thinking of giving them a call for a qoute

Yes, Clive (banished from these parts) sorted out my rear arches and some bubbling on and around the sill. It didn't cost a lot and, so far, everything's been fine. He really knows his stuff and you will end up knowing a lot more about corrosion and it's prevention - whether you like it or not!

He really knows his stuff and you will end up knowing a lot more about corrosion and it's prevention - whether you like it or not!

Lol :D:D

Andys Autobarn are excellent. Andy worked at the Mercedes bodyshop for 27 years before setting up on his own.
Not the cheapest but you pay for what you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom