Refurbish wheels exchange, like for like.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reggie-rock

Car
2015 E Class coupe 220 diesel bluetec, 2009 Mitsubishi Colt 1.3
After 2 weeks of ownership of my lovely 2006 CLK 350 I have sorted my tatty AMG wheels out which was the only thing that let the rest of the car down which is close to mint condition.
I found an excellent alloy wheel refurbishment company, First Aid Wheels, 174, mill lane, West Hampstead, London who can supply like for like exchange service.
The set I had on the car were 18'' AMG`s and exchanged them for an identical set in gloss black powder coated finish which look fantastic.
I highly recommend this little company who offer excellent quality and efficient service and are very pleasant to deal with.
Even if your the wheels are buckled they will only charge a small extra fee.

I can`t show any pics yet as my lovely new wheels are a little spoilt by my old wheel bolts which I have had trouble finding replacements but think I have found the correct ones now, once I get them through the post.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to swap my wheels that I know the history of for a set of wheels that you have no idea about personally.

If you want to do this I can only recommend Pristine Alloy Wheels or Lepsoms... They will provide as new wheels in exchange.

I've used the outfit above too (First Aid Wheels in West Hampstead) for my mum's 325i, I was really impressed. Great service no issues, I'd certainly use them again, it's an impressive operation they've got down there.

I believe they may be owned / linked to the bodyshop that's on the same site.

I wonder how it would work if for arguments sake the wheel they gave you collapsed and you had a big off ?

Any one willing to say how much this service costs and if I took my wheels down there would they swap the tryes over ? Cheers

It may vary depending on the style of wheels you have but I came across this service on ebay. To swap my 18'' AMG's like for like was £312 all in, thats for changing the tyres over, valves and balancing and refitting to your car (for 4 wheels) plus £10 each wheel if any of your old wheels are buckled.
I think this is excellent value and takes less than an hour.
Watch First Aid Wheels video on You Tube

I wouldn't want to swap my wheels that I know the history of for a set of wheels that you have no idea about personally.

One does not know the history of wheels when you buy a second hand car which to me is no difference.
Think small companies who offer a service like this would not refurbish dangerous wheels as if they were to fail the compensation claims would soon put them out of business.

Well I'm pleased your happy , that's what counts !

I've used Pristine Wheels 5 years ago and was impressed with the service via a local garage/agent.

The wheels I exchanged were 8 hole MB alloys (7J) and cost then £58 per wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom