Refurbished Genuine AMG 18 Inch Alloys - How Much??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkII

Car
Mercedes C-Class
Hi folks,

First of all, I haven't posted this in the For Sale section as I really am trying to get some ideas on how much I might get.

I've had my spare set of AMG alloys refurbished from my S204 Estate, with a view to selling them to recoup some of the money I’ve been shelling out recently – any thoughts on how much they might be worth?

Specification:

Genuine AMG 18” staggered alloys.
Front: 8J x 18 ET50 PCD: 5x112 CB: 66.6 THD: M14x1.5 Part: A204 401 4102

Rear: 8.5J x 18 ET54 PCD: 5x112 CB: 66.6 THD: M14x1.5 Part: A204 401 4202

They’ve been fully refurbished and look ‘as new’, Powder Coated in ‘Shadow Chrome’ – which is Black at the back and Silver Grey to the face, (with flecks of Black in that change the appearance in different lights, from Silver Grey to more of an Anthracite) – finished with a pearl lacquer.

To be honest they look so gorgeous I have half a mind to keep them now but if I can get a decent amount for them then I’ll let them go.

How much do you think??

According to Wheel-Size.com :: Reference guide for car wheel and tire dimensions such as size, offset, PCD they should fit models from various years, which ought to extend their appeal:
W204/S204 from 2007-2011
W204/S204/C204 from 2011-2014
May also fit W205/S205 2014 – but might need a thin set of spacers
Possibly other models/years subject to dimensions being the same

Mark :)

Lovely finish to those rims. Good luck with the sale. You should get top money for those.

Have a look at the prices being asked on eBay for similar genuine AMG rims and see what is being asked.........then ask more:D

Lovely finish to those rims

Got to say I'm sorely tempted to keep 'em - like Stephanie Powers, they look Gorgeous ;)

My MAK alloys are fitted with all-season tyres, so the AMG's could be just for the summer (well ok, that's two days but you know what I mean)....argghhh what to do :dk:

If you don't really need to part with them, I'd keep them and stick them straight on the car.

Hmm, the prices on eBay seem all over the place, there are a lot of replicas and some very shoddy looking genuine alloys that would need more than a good refurb to fix.

At the end of the day I don't really need to sell them but then strictly speaking I don't need two sets of wheels either...and it would be good to put some wedge back in the bank.

I did agree with SWMBO that if she got rid of some of her 'stuff' from the far end of the garage then I'd have a tidy up and refurb the wheels, sell them and replace some of the money I'd spent on the car recently :doh:

That said, it's been two weeks now and she's not cleared out her stuff yet, so maybe if I wait a bit longer my 'contractual obligations' will expire :D

They look stunning Mark. But as you said, two sets of wheels seems a waste. Unless you pop a set of winter tyres on them. (But that's more money again!)

Or swap the wheels for some of your wife's stuff. Like a part-ex!:doh:

Ant. :D

They look stunning Mark. But as you said, two sets of wheels seems a waste. Unless you pop a set of winter tyres on them. (But that's more money again!)

Or swap the wheels for some of your wife's stuff. Like a part-ex!:doh:

Ant. :D

Thanks Ant :thumb:

When I bought the car last October, I shelled out on some Nokian Weatherproof 'All-Season' tyres on a set of MAK Stern alloys with the reasoning (excuse) that they'd help keep me/us mobile in bad weather and those are fitted to the car at the moment.

TBH the Nokian's are really good in heavy rain and the bit of snow we encountered on our travels but they don't quite have the responsive feel of a summer 'Sports' tyre. So if I was to keep the AMG's I'd have to buy a set of Sports tyres, which as you say means more money going out again.

I've never needed much excuse to spend money on cars :D but feel like I have to cut the cloth a bit more carefully these days....:(

Unfortunately for me, the 'stuff' SWMBO is supposed to get rid of is stuff she doesn't really want or need anymore (like a dressing table and stool that have sat there for 3+ years) - whereas these gorgeous AMG alloys... ;)

Those are going between £400-£650 with the latter in mint condition, the seven spoke AMG variants are slightly more. This is across gumtree and eBay, as in December I went from yours to the seven spokes that I have on now

Lovely colour though, would look nice with the black OEM centre caps... Mine are a similar colour scheme of diamond cut face with a black/grey inner spokes and wheel, except I still have my OEM blue centre caps :fail:

Thanks Ash - I was originally thinking somewhere around £700 as mine are mint and do look gorgeous in the Shadow Chrome powder coat. Before refurb they only had light kerb damage to the outer rim on a couple, so unlike some I've seen they haven't been cracked, welded, filled etc.

If I could get somewhere between £650 - £700 incl UK delivery then I'd be happy but given how great they look if I can only get £400-£500ish then I'll probably keep 'em.

Maybe I'll dip a toe in with eBay and see what happens :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom