Registration Mark "1 AMG"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
Was looking through the bible (80's amg catalogue) and noticed the white widebody CE wearing the plate 1 AMG.

So i looked it up and its now on a 2009 lexus RX450!!

I would have thought Mr Stratton owned it?

Apparently, it is owned by a Mr. D Hard, of Statsville

:D

Wasn't someone on here trying to sell it for someone a few months ago ?

Sure there was a thread on it.

It was mentioned on the "number plates" thread that it was on a Lexus, and hads previously been on some non-AMG Mercedes-Benz.

Also, someone posted a while back that AMG 1 had been on a Citroën DS since it was new in the 1970s. This is odd, as one of my reference books states that both AMG 1 and 1 AMG were owned by Stratton at some point (presumably during the 1980s and/or 1990s).

There was the scruffiest looking early SLK with the numberplate '1 MB' very local to me.... havent seen it in a while now though....

But if there was ever a car not deserving of a plate, this was it....then again atleast it was a Merc

I guess someone whose intials are AMG would pay a fortune for plates like these. More than someone who just happens to own an AMG Merc at the time.

My next door neighbour is called Linda ... her plate is Lxx SLK. I assume she had an SLK at some point, but the reg. has been on a Hyundai Coupe and an Audi TT since she's lived here!

Was looking through the bible (80's amg catalogue) and noticed the white widebody CE wearing the plate 1 AMG.

So i looked it up and its now on a 2009 lexus RX450!!

I would have thought Mr Stratton owned it?

The widebody ce is owned by a member here (nick.ged) perhaps he may know if the plate stayed with the car when strattons sold it, or if they kept it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom