Reluctant sale - c32 amg estate £8,950

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGry Man

Car
Present: C250 CGI AMG Sport Coupe, Previous: C250 CDI AMG Sport Coupe (1 yr), C32 AMG Estate (5yrs)
Up for sale if undoubtedly the best example of the C32 AMG Estate variant in the UK; it has been my labour of love and had major bodywork and mechanical overhauls costs well in excess of £10,000.

The 8 mile (25 minute) daily commute into the city centre, via residential street rat-runs and speed-humps is hardly a befitting life for a C32 AMG when the train can take me 15 minutes so it is time to for us to sadly part company.

Whilst this 2002 car has covered a 'just run in' 144,000 miles, you will not find a better example anywhere. As a dedicated enthusiast, the first 36 months of my 5½ year ownership were painstakingly spent righting all the wrongs of the first owner's £56,000 investment; a Fully documented Mercedes Benz mechanical overhaul (Mar 2007 to present) with genuine dealer supplied parts included:

· new supercharger (70k)
· new intercooler (110k)
· new ignition coils
· new central locking
· new xenon lamp activators and bulbs
· new heavy duty battery
· new heater vent activators (8 in total - dash out)
· new electric seat motors
· new AMG heated driver's seat leather, (seat and back)
· 4 new springs (110k)
· New front suspension and anti-roll bar bushings (110k)
· New front vented AMG brake discs and pads (110k)
· £4,000 Mercedes Benz bodywork overhaul - no rust (Aug 2009)
· Just refurbished (Oct 2011) genuine 18” Brabus Monobloc IV alloys (235 front, 255 rear)
· 4 new tyres
· Replacement B and C pillar AMG specific carbon-effect trims (Sept 2010)
· Replacement thrust arms and bushes (Nov 2011)
· Replacement lower ball-joints (Nov 2011)

As you can see, it has cost well in excess of £10,000 to bring this lovely, reliable and practical performance car back to scratch. Much of the work was carried out under an AutoProtect Warranty which I called upon for even the slightest issue, so cost was never an issue.

Unlike the majority of C32s for sale, this car was specified from new with every conceivable factory-fitted extra; everything fully functions as it should do including:

· linguatronic,
· tilt/slide sunroof,
· COMAND (inc TV),
· Sat Nav
· Fully adjustable electric front seats
· Fully adjustable electric steering wheel (reach, height)
· Heated front seats
· Bose sound system with 6 stack CD
· ESP - Electronic Stability Program
· Fully-functional integrated telephone system
· Auto lights-on
· Auto wipers
· Auto dimming rear-view mirror
· Front and rear audible and visual parking aids
· Electrically adjustable and folding door mirrors
· Electronic climate control
· Headlamp washers
The car was so advanced that in 2002 it even had an AUX socket in the glovebox for an iPod/MP3 player! the Nokia handset compatible with the COMAND system in the front armrest is of course included.

Whilst I had them originally re-diamond-cut and re-lacquered in 2008, I have just (Oct 2011) had the £3,000 18” Brabus Monobloc VI alloys professionally painted in a light silver colour. They look absolutely perfect and unlike diamond-cut will keep their looks forever.

Needless to say, the car has a fully documented Mercedes Benz service history and is supplied with all original manuals (2 volumes!), 2 keys, MOT to March 2012, and Taxed until August 2012. The car was originally a demonstrator for Mercedes Benz in Harrogate then owned for 5 years by a local gentleman (known to me) before I bought the car in 2007.

Running costs are surprisingly low; road fund vehicle tax is limited to £245 per year given the car was first registered in April 2002 and being only a Group 19 insurance it is easy to get fully comprehensive (NCD protected) cover for under £450 from LV. As the C32 AMG shares many parts with its lesser C-Class siblings, parts are very economical and readily available; even the bespoke AMG vented front brake discs were only £120, front pads £60. Tyres, a quality performance rear tyre 255/34 ZR18 will cost £130 fitted and will be good for 12,000 miles (obviously not Michelin Pilots).

Performance is as one would expect from a 354 bhp supercharged V6 coupled to the 5 speed AMG Speedshift transmission – Blistering! All from a car that is equally as happy taking the family out for the day! I could not resist taking a photo of the average mpg when recently on the M6; see 30mpg is achievable!

There is no car available that even comes close to offering the performance, style, practicality and safety that the C32 AMG provides; I know that should I come to replace it I shall be bitterly disappointed.

As a dedicated Mercedes Benz enthusiast, I offer this unique and exemplary C32 AMG Estate to like-minded enthusiasts at the bargain price of £8,950 ovno.

Car is located in the West Midlands and available for inspection by appointment: 07778 593218. Text or PM email address for more photos

Attachments

• Lg126204-02.jpg
    Lg126204-02.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 342
  • Lg126204-01.jpg
    Lg126204-01.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 341
  • Lg126204-03.jpg
    Lg126204-03.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 338
OMG - Sincere apologies, wrong asking price placed on advert.

This immaculate car is offered for sale at the correct asking price of £6,950!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom