Remote key not shutting windows

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScoobyDooLondon

Car
Mercedes S320 CDI 2008
The remote key shuts the windows (if open) if I point it at the sensor on the drivers door handle.

However, tried this yesterday and it didn't work, even from close up.

Is this likely to be a key or receiver issue?

PS I have a spare key somewhere so going to try and see if that exhibits the same behaviour.

The remote key shuts the windows (if open) if I point it at the sensor on the drivers door handle.

However, tried this yesterday and it didn't work, even from close up.

Is this likely to be a key or receiver issue?

PS I have a spare key somewhere so going to try and see if that exhibits the same behaviour.

If your key starts the car, then it is fine, including the IR feature. Either windows are not synchronised (normalised) or the IR-receiver at the door is broken.

Tried it with the spare key and the problem is still there.

I just got my car back from an insurance repair where the rear passenger door was removed to access and repair the body panel - I guess this could have caused the problem as its been working perfectly fine prior to that.

Windows not synchronised (normalised) - is that something I can do or does it need to go back to the garage?

thanks again

there is a procedure in the manual on my e500 coupe that shows how to synchronize the windows. It can be caused by low battery or disconnected battery. Perhaps the battery was switched off during the repair or the voltage has dropped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom