Removing ac/pollen filter unit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Coruscator

Car
w209 2004 clk 270 cdi avantgarde
Removing blower/pollen filter unit (not just motor & filters)

Hi I have my dash in bits atm because one of my stepper motors is clicking.

The clicking is coming from right above this unit.

How do I get the bugger out? :)

Attachments

• 2016-05-25 13.14.59.jpg
    2016-05-25 13.14.59.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
This is not easy - you are meant to drain coolant and a/c and remove the cross-member underneath the instrument panel.

Let me know if you would like the WIS documents on removing the AC housing and changing the activated charcoal filter flap actuator motor.

I do not know for sure, but maybe you can adapt the procedures to just lower the unit without disconnecting hoses etc sufficiently to access the stepper motor actuator motor on top.

PS Have emailed them to you anyway.

Last edited:
Oh no. :-(

Typical. This is crazy news. Drain the coolant and the ac?

But isn't it is just a plastic box? Or is the ac heat exchanger attached to it, out of sight?

I'd love the wis if you don't mind.

I'll pm you now.

Looking at the WIS docs, I think it would be easier to remove the top half of the dashboard now. :0(

Gonna have a look into doing this instead.

Thanks Codger. :0)

You need the complete dash out, then remove the crash bar and you can drop the complete unit forward enough to change the motor.

You need the complete dash out, then remove the crash bar and you can drop the complete unit forward enough to change the motor.

Hi thanks, this is what I had to do after, except I was able to get to it without dropping the unit forward,
or taking the crash bar out.

Although i'm kind of wishing I had dropped it forward now.

My hands are aching after squeezing them in and out of the tiny gap. (no pun intended.) ;0)

Have found the fault now. A broken shaft on the charcoal filter flap stepper motor cog.

Have a new one on order.

All thanks to you lovely people on this excellent forum. :0)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom