Removing cold start?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adamccc

Car
CLS63 AMG
Has anyone had any experience with mapping out cold starts? I've read up a small amount and it seems like the main reason it's there is for emissions - warming up cats etc. which mine doesn't have!

I absolutely love the sound of the car but the cold start is absolutely brutal, especially when I leave for work early in the morning!

Whaaaat!!!! Thats like one of the greatest noises!!! I love it! I wish it made that for at least a minute instead of 20 seconds!! Its not that loud and plus the neighbours must always think.... That guy has a cool car!!

Try a fi with 2 sports cats and just the back boxes....u could get a ipe I think because it has a vac reserve u can start it quieter than stock

It is an epic sound, but in my sleepy village I often feel like it's a bit too much :crazy:

[YOUTUBE]ZBSmcVfepjs[/YOUTUBE]

Edit: Not sure why there's a youtube button you can't embed

https://youtu.be/ZBSmcVfepjs

Last edited:
A bit of noise or kangaroo up the road for 3mins,cold start is the equivalent of a choke.

Only option is a valved exhaust u can just get the valved back boxes as a cheaper option

You need to check the valves are working as there she be a noticeable difference ...my solenoid had seized so was getting fully open no matter what mode I had it in

Well prob one of the best systems out there for quality so unless there's a fault the sound is the sound

That sounds antisocially loud to me. I'm afraid I wouldn't think you had a cool car (until the revs dropped); I'd think you were a b****y nuisance. Are all C63s like that on a cold start?

What, it is one of the best things about my car. Wakes up the neighbours at 6.30am sharp as I leave for work :D

gasman2 said:
You need to check the valves are working as there she be a noticeable difference ...my solenoid had seized so was getting fully open no matter what mode I had it in

Is that on the black series ? ;) :p

I had to give up my 63 not too long ago but this thread reminded me of the music to my ears in the mornings!

I will never forget my neighbour from across the road once asked "what's wrong with your car, is it broken?"

I agree with not attracting attention but on this occasion don't tone it down, it's part of the whole experience of owning an AMG

Is that on the black series ? ;) :p
No its on the not a black series widebody conversion without a badge but orig m Benz parts but not a black or meant to claim to be a black won't have a black badge zone

gasman2 said:
No its on the not a black series widebody conversion without a badge but orig m Benz parts but not a black or meant to claim to be a black won't have a black badge zone

Only messing mate :)

Very nice car I'm sure.

I heard a 63 cold start in an underground car park once, it's sudden bark into life was brutal, it sounded awesome.

Have you tried having someone else start the car while you're in the house so you can actually hear how it's affecting neighbours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom