Removing water marks on glass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WDB124066

MB Enthusiast
Car
1996 E320 Sportline Cabriolet x 2
I have some long standing water marks on the inside of the rear window on one of the Cabriolets that I'd like to remove. But, I do not want to rub hard on the inside of the window for fear of breaking the demist heating element on the glass. Is there a product that I can use safely for this that people can recommend?

Are the marks like limescale? If so dilute acetic acid should be ok.

I guess so but they look like they have been etched into the glass. Glass cleaner does not shift them.

You suggest a little vinegar, would that be right...?

I use slightly diluted white vinegar which i buy from my local shop for 65p, brilliant stuff.

ps: Do not use inside if you have tinted windows.

Last edited:
Vinegar definitely the way to go too. Great for removing water marks from body work. My car was once in a terrible state after it dried in the sun after going through car wash in the summer . you should have seen it, but with a rag soaked in vinegar (Acetic Acid) the marks came off immediately. Cheers, Tony.

If it's on the interior hopefully it's not that bad. .......sounds backwards but diluted white vinegar (Sarsons?) and newspaper is supposed to clean windows better than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom