Removing wax from plastic trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr-Goose

Car
E350 Coupé
On both my car and my wife's car I have some wax on the plastic trim. I have search the web and have found McKee's 37 Wax Remover for Plastic wax recommended but I can't find a UK supplier. Does anyone have any alternative solutions? I have seen many recommendations for oily substances, even including peanut butter, but I believe these will only hide it until washed off.

You could try this, it worked for me - tooth paste and brush .. Wash it well after just in case.. Then use a wax that cleans everything like the one i use - Williams Waterless Wash and Wax But i do wash my car before i wax it .Wax is a problem if you do get it on the plastick trim..

Hiya, Armourall cleaner gets it off, and gives a matt new look to lots of plastics, comes in a small pump bottle, pretty much any car shop sells it, and it won't break the bank. If you use a carnuba wax, it won't leave any deposit.

Thanks. I'll give them a go. It was the dealer what did it (big rant in another thread).

Martin the Williams i talk about above , its got canuba wax in it , and you can clean everything on the car but the front window ..No white marks that you get from a lot of wax polishes thats on the market right now. Also micro cloths are very good to remove the unwanted left over polish if you use normal polish that is ..like Autoglym i do like it but stoped after it left residue behind .

Autoglym fast glass seems to work - for polish at least

Autoglym bumper and trim gel applied with pad or detailing brush is excellent.

wd40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom