replacement brushes for sunroof motor W124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leylandp76

Car
1987 300TE W124
Hi all, I'm new to this list so apologies if this has been asked before - I did search however... ;)

I have taken the sunroof motor out of my W124 300TE as it was playing up. On stripping it down I find that the brushes are worn out, the rest of the motor and mechanism are fine.

Does anyone know where I can get new carbon brushes for a Bosch motor 0 390 251 696 CHP - perhaps online? I think they're probably a part common to wiper motors etc.

thanks

welcome Alistair, can't help yet as i have yet to take mine apart(it's got a little stiff) the roof that is. so perhaps later on you could give me some advice, Again welcome ,we need more w124s

HI Alistair , wondered how your doing with your sunroof, have got mine to til but not open backwards, it just doesn't want to go

On a slightly different subject (but still concerning 124's and sunroofs)...

Is your sunroof all scratched on the top from years of opening/closing? The sunroof on my 124 coupe has quite obvious scratches, and at first I did wonder if it wasn't quite sitting properly when it is fully open.

Who knows, perhaps I too have a faulty motor and don't know it...

--
Antony

Not scratched, don't think last owner used it much but very dirty around edges, have cleaned it now but won't close completely, have to just press on it a little after shutting it. Trying to pluck up enough bottle to open it fully but scared stiff it might rain and won't be able to close it. One day i will get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom