Replacing Honeywell T6360B Room Stat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian_Mac

Afternoon

As there seem to be quite a few knowledgable heating folk on here I thought I'd ask the question. Basically, I'm looking to replace the existing T6360B stat in our house as the previous owners managed to paint most of it and the plastic has started to go yellow with age. Is there a more modern version of this ie with a digital display etc of am I better of sticking with a like for like replacement.

Thanks

Depends on what you want? If you go for a Like for like swap there will be no different in size so there will be no need to make good around it. If you do go for a different one then ale sure its of a similar size.

There are a range of Honeywell roomstats, however it may depend on what wiring the current install has as to whether you can do a straight swap for one with more features.

For some of the display models you may need 3 core and earth.

Ian

I don't know the specific answer to your question by I suspect that you can upgrade.

Warning.. I did upgrade to a touch screen multi timer. Unfortunately I did not upgrade my feeble male brain at the same time. I can sit like a lost puppy, starring at the screen with all it's icons and digits flashing at me. It beckons me towards it then taunts me with my neanderthal vacant expression. It has beaten me. Humiliated in front of the family I now leave it well alone on the wall. One day people from another galaxy far from ours will arrive and my heating will work again.

Ian

I don't know the specific answer to your question by I suspect that you can upgrade.

Warning.. I did upgrade to a touch screen multi timer. Unfortunately I did not upgrade my feeble male brain at the same time. I can sit like a lost puppy, starring at the screen with all it's icons and digits flashing at me. It beckons me towards it then taunts me with my neanderthal vacant expression. It has beaten me. Humiliated in front of the family I now leave it well alone on the wall. One day people from another galaxy far from ours will arrive and my heating will work again.

Nice ! :eek:

ian mac
did you get sorted on the room stat,might have a 6360 in my van if you want one or can advise on wiring if you want something more fancy.the 6360 will work with a twin and earth cable " feed/switch wire/earth"but the more fancy digital units like a three core and earth "feed/switchwire/neutral/earth" to work properly.

Why not go WiFi then any addition wiring can be done right next to the boiler at the receiver box. Added bonus is one can experiment with stat position to find the best spot to monitor the room/system.

mercmanuk said:
ian mac did you get sorted on the room stat,might have a 6360 in my van if you want one or can advise on wiring if you want something more fancy.the 6360 will work with a twin and earth cable " feed/switch wire/earth"but the more fancy digital units like a three core and earth "feed/switchwire/neutral/earth" to work properly.

Hi
Still looking but have been busy decorating the dining room so far this weekend.

This is how our stat is wired at the moment on terminals 1, 2 & 3 plus the earth

image-4184294079.jpg

which does make sense according to the wiring diagram

image-3081186393.jpg

If there is a newer digital alternative which will work with the existing wiring that would be great.

Thanks

any room stat will work with your wiring,as you have a neutral there.if you have a problem pm me as I do this all the time,a spark
baz

That's three core and earth (albeit the old colours), which will give you more options :thumb:.

I've got exactly the same unit on a very basic CH system - it is wired to just switch the pump on and off. I checked the dial calibration with a digital thermometer and it is absolutely spot on, so couldn't see any advantage in going for something more fancy.

If I were upgrading the whole system, I'd probably go for more elaborate controls, but I'm definitely a fan of keeping things simple.

I do a lot of upgrades when people decorate or modernise a room they fit new switches,sockets c/h controls for cosmetic reasons not because they are faulty,a nice white light switch looks better than an old cream one on a newly decorated room,same with c/h controls.
I do a lot of whole house makeovers for people who are trying to sell their homes,decorate,kitchen bathroom makeover,clean carpets or flooring,new electrical fittings and lights give the illusion of a rewire to prospective purchasers.

Thanks Mercman, that's the reason I'm looking to change really (cosmetic rather than illusion of rewire as we've just moved in).

The house is now 18 years old now and the room stat is on a wall in the hall way opposite the front door so it's really visible when you come in. There are a few other things on the list such as the fire alarms, extractor fans in bathroom & en-suite and shaver socket in there which have all lost their nice white look now. Nearly forgot about the alarm PIRs and key panel though that may prove more tricky.

Luckily nearly all the sockets & light switches have been replaced with chrome ones so that's one less job to do.

I may take you up on the PM offer later as it's back to the painting now while it's still daylight!

if you need smoke alarms,extractor fans,alarm pir's or electrical fittings drop me a line ive a garage full of various items .

I always thought a 3c and earth would be fine for stats.

I used our existing cable when I upgraded to a touchscreen heatmiser programmer, few weeks later had a new boiler that needed a volt free pair back to the boiler! Live and neutral to feed the programmer, 2 cores to switch it on plus an earth = 5cores :doh: out came the hammer and bolster.

Surely the newer WiFi connected stat/programmers have to be less hassle to install? The receiver is located close to the boiler so any connections are short and easy to make.

Ive got wireless in another house and in 3 years ive had to replace it twice at £80 a go, using different makes each time, as it stopped switching. I really must start saving reciepts :rolleyes:

Ouch! Unlucky there, mine's been fine for 4yrs (kiss of death...)

The wireless stats by honeywell are great. But they need batteries. Although if you see the red light flashing, that tells you they need replacing. With 3 core cable, the neutral is only if the stat has a light on it. At the end of the day its just a switch, temperature controlled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom