Replacing O2 sensors - Metal wire guide clip needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazfaldo

Car
CLK55 AMG W209
Hi All, I am replacing my upstream O2 sensors on my CLK55, I have the Bosch sensors I bought from my local Merc dealer but I am having trouble trying to find a part number for a metal sensor lead guide that clips onto the sensor.

The parts dept guy couldn't find it in the EPC and doesn't show it in the exploded diagram.

Just wondered if this is a Merc part?. The O2 sensors look original from factory so I am stumped. I could re use the old one but would prefer to get a nice shiny new one, it only seems to be on the drivers side, there isn't one on the nearside?.

Any help or advice greatly received. I have tried searching the net with no luck.

See attachment :

Last edited:
I had another chat with with my local Merc dealer, he asked the mechanics out the back and they said its known as a heat shield to protect the O2 wires, he is still unable to find the part in the EPC.

Any body know this part number? or seen on any other Mercs ?? somebody must know

Cheers

Page 54: #21, Loom Ties: >page2: part 450. "Clip. Upstream of Catalytic Converter"

A011 988 55 78

It's not a heat shield because it directs the cable downwards towards the heat. What it does is keep it away from fraying on the body.

Last edited:
Druk very good .I checked every place i could think of even usa . But you say page 54 .Page 54 in what.

Druk very good .I checked every place i could think of even usa . But you say page 54 .Page 54 in what.

P54 in a generic search on W209 55AMG in EPC. It's the same-same part as fitted to lots of models hence the part of my reply in quotes re: "clip: upstream...etc

54 is Electrical Equipment. 021 is Loom Ties...then page 2 gives the magic number.

Last edited:
Superb!! I can't thank you enough Druk. Spent ages with the Merc part guy going round and round the various EPC diagrams to no avail.

I love this forum, so many nice helpful knowledgeable people.

I will order the part from my Merc dealer.

All the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom