Replacing Seat Belts in W204 Sport Plus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oscar82

Car
Alfa Romeo
Just looking for some advice please.
Seen a car that I'm keen on buying, but it has the bright red seat belts that I am not really a fan of.
Would it be difficult/costly to replace these with normal black seat belts? I only ask because I wasn't sure whether the mechanics of the seat belt tensioner would complicate things?

Hi not sure about how hard they are to change but I do know I was quoted £1600.00 from mb parts only for my sport +. I am not a fan but after 6 months ownership I don't really notice them anymore.

Hi not sure about how hard they are to change but I do know I was quoted £1600.00 from mb parts only for my sport +. I am not a fan but after 6 months ownership I don't really notice them anymore.

Wow, not cheap then!

I have to admit I did wonder if it would be something that would grow on me anyway. I haven't been to see this car in the metal yet, so I'll have to do that first and see what they're like.

Cheers.

For whats its worth.

I bought my current W204 2012 AMG Sport+ with the red seat belts. I remember the first time I seen it advertised and thought they were absolutely horrible. went back a month later, as the car was still available, and had a drive. great car. seat belts - hmmmm.. My wife was having none of it.

In the end I got a good deal and thought I could live with the colour. Now, 6 months in, I love them. So many people in the car talk about them. The kids think they are cool. (maybe i'm just mid-life crisis). Wife still thinks they are naff. :)

I agree they look strange, especially against the complete black interior but they do grow on you and after a while you appreciate that they are different - and I think that's good.

I think it depends on the Colour of the Car!

White, Mountain Grey and any of the Blacks go with Red Seat Belts, :rock:others seem to clash! :fail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom