Replacing tyres - pressure monitors?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Happy Bunny

Car
CLS55 AMG, BMW Z4
Hi

I can't put it off any longer - I need a new set of rear tyres.

My car is a CLS55 AMG fitted with tyre pressure monitors.

Does this mean that I need to purchase the tyres from the main dealers or will the local kwik fit be able to fit the tyres without affecting the monitors? :dk:

I'm going to be chosing OEM conti sports.

Thanks in advance,

You will be ok with the sensors, great choice of tire's

The batteries last about six years.

Have you looked on black circles, etyres and the like as kwik fit wont be cheap.

BTW you can get the valve kits and TPM monitors from alloy wheels direct. Alloy Wheels Direct Ltd | TPM Sensors | Tyre Pressure Monitor

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies! :bannana:

I was just wondering if the pressur monitors were embedded into the valves or rims or something. As long as they are not then I can shop around :D

They are not embedded, you can buy the valves separately etc. Alloy wheels Direct ( Highly Recommended ) are "The" people to deal with Chris the owner is a good and very helpful guy.

They are not embedded, you can buy the valves separately etc. Alloy wheels Direct ( Highly Recommended ) are "The" people to deal with Chris the owner is a good and very helpful guy.

Another vote for Chris at Alloy Wheels Direct. Just bought my AMG IV's from him. Excellent service :thumb:

And another vote - helpful above and beyond the call of duty !

Absolutely.

i need to get some myself, 1 of my sensors has gone flat, but i need a new set for my new wheels as well!

Tyron also sell TPMS units, they have mobile fitters who will come out and install them for you. Don't know the cost though, mate of mine had them fitted to his car & caravan. It monitors all 8 wheels.

So are you saying then (thinking about the wifes B180 that has Conti's all round and the tyre pressure system) that if you buy the OEM tyre it's built into the tyre, but if you get other marques (say Falken like I use on my Audi) you can get a widget to allow that tyre to work with the on-board tyre pressure sensor?

Cheers,
Dan.

They are on the wheel not the tyre.

They are on the wheel not the tyre.

Ahhhh well that's MUCH better then, as she doesn't much care for these Conti's that are on there and would be much happier running on ZE912's. As soon as these are worn out it'll be time for a replacement then :)

Cheers,
Dan.

Maybe sound strange, but have you tried your local MB service centre?
I burst a front Conti on my CLS (245/40/18) and could not drive it from MB where it was discovered.
I decided to just get them to fit a new trye anyway as it was in there getting work done, expecting to pay £250ish........Conti Sport 3 @ £173.94 fitted etc!

Apparently he gave me a bit of discount as I use them all the time, but I thought that was pretty good.
Good luck, Colin.

Hi

I can't put it off any longer - I need a new set of rear tyres.

My car is a CLS55 AMG fitted with tyre pressure monitors.

Does this mean that I need to purchase the tyres from the main dealers or will the local kwik fit be able to fit the tyres without affecting the monitors? :dk:

I'm going to be chosing OEM conti sports.

Thanks in advance,

My dealership will price-match on tyres. They also have their own tyre fitter in house. I know who I would rather have fitting tyres to my alloys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom