Reprogramming clusters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LCN

Car
C KLASSE
Hello,

I was wondering, is it possible to reprogram a cluster?

I have a c43 amg one on the way and I was wondering if it can be reprogrammed with the mileage that is on my car.

I have heard you can download the information from the car at the dealership, then install the new cluster and upload it to the system? I have called one dealership and he said they can only do it to clusters that have less than one hundred and sixty km. But I am sure I have read about other people getting this done?

Does anyone know the process?

Thanks.

Thanks Howard,

I have pm'd him. Does anyone else know anything about this?

Thanks.

By the way, I just got this cluster in the mail, it looks excellent!

sorry for the low quality:

drmc43amgcarboncluster.jpg

Plug it in and see what happens, no damage will be caused.Is it from the German MB dealer who advertises new ones on Ebay ?

adam

Hello Adam,

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that if I plugged it in it could cause some errors? Want to make sure of this before I go plugging it back in.

It came from America and is used.

Thanks

Okay well it's too complicated to get the cluster reprogrammed. So I pulled both clusters apart and swapped everything onto my cluster apart from the circuit board so I keep my mileage and all my information / settings.

Here are some pictures of the final product:

drmc43cluster2.jpg

drmc43cluster.jpg

Looks good dude !!!!! :rock:

Thanks man, yeah very happy with it :D

Nice way out of a tricky problem.
At least when you sell the car you can revert back easily.

Hey Dieselman,

Yes always need to have that in mind! I will definitely part out the mods and sell the car unmodified when that day comes.

I'm not liking that outside temperature though :crazy:

Think it would kill me off !!

Howard said:
I'm not liking that outside temperature though :crazy:

Think it would kill me off !!

The definative proof of Global Warming.....

Nah, thats the 'analtronic' temperature measuring system. Its located on the driver's seat.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom