Reserve tank

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A250 Bennyboy

Car
A Class A250 w176

I've noticed that when my reserve light comes on there must be about an 8th of a tank left going off the needle position.

My reconning that's about 7ltrs or 50 mile ish?
Do all mercedes have a big reserve tank?

I've never taken the needle all the way to the bottom not had the balls to plus their might be ditrus or sludge in the last ltr or so.
Also if anyone has been unfortunate to have run it to the bottom or completely ran out Oops, does the warning light go from amber to red once it reaches its critical point?
Cheers
Ben :thumb:

Is this your first car Benny?

I drove from the Heathrow exit of
M25 to home after my fuel light came on, 67 miles.

True fact

According to the manual mine has a an 8L reserve which would give me 80 miles on average. I agree it does seem too big. 5L would have been enough and that would have given a similar reserve distance as my old 190e.

So do all MB's have a large reserve ? It seems to be larger on modern MB's

My reserve light comes on when the computer reckons the remaining range is 80 miles.

According to the manual mine has a an 8L reserve which would give me 80 miles on average. I agree it does seem too big. 5L would have been enough and that would have given a similar reserve distance as my old 190e.

So do all MB's have a large reserve ? It seems to be larger on modern MB's

My W126 has a 12l reserve. Mind you, it needs it the way it drinks:crazy:

I drove from the Heathrow exit of
M25 to home after my fuel light came on, 67 miles.

True fact
You're brave with that. I totally crap it in the 63 when the light comes on !!!

My other cars all had about 3 to 5 ltr reserve, this is my first merc not my first car though.
Just getting used to my new car and wondered if this was the norm for mercs.
And driving 67mile must of been a twitchy drive, I'd of been clenching by the end of the jurnay
Cheers
Ben :thumb:

I have had an 80 litre tank on my last few cars and never managed to get more than 75 litres in which may be long after the light came on.
I feel more twitchy in traffic though as on the motorway I can set COMAND for the nearest fuel stop and match against the remaining miles on the OBC, I can even jump to the second or third nearest fuel if I have the capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom