Resetting the ECU on a W204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lotiman

Car
S204 C350 CDi; R171 200SLK; Lotus Evora 400; Lotus Exige V6
Today I reset the ECU on my '12 350 CDi using the instructions found on this forum and the car definitely feels much more responsive than before but I do have a question. Does this procedure reset the engine ECU, the gearbox or both?

What did you do, the hold accelerator down- turn engine off with pedal still pressed, then release method?

All it does is reset the throttle flap. It's not an ecu reset. Only a Star can do that.

BlackC55 said:
All it does is reset the throttle flap. It's not an ecu reset. Only a Star can do that.

Was going to say it sounded more like the TCU reset

What did you do, the hold accelerator down- turn engine off with pedal still pressed, then release method?

Sorry, I didn't make it clear did I. Yes that's the one. :thumb:

Ah ok, so what is the throttle flap reset? The car definitely feels more sprightly and I know it learns ones driving style so if I drive like Miss Daisy, it will quickly adapt to that.
My primary aim was to try and improve throttle response time which, to me, feels like throttle lag if I get on the gas and need that extra urge a bit sharpish.

Lotiman said:
Sorry, I didn't make it clear did I. Yes that's the one. :thumb:

Yeah the car will re-learn the driving style, just try not to be sat in traffic on journeys after resetting. Haha

Holy thread resurrection batman!

Been reading about this and wondering wether to do it.

The car is used but new to me. Will the tcu not adapt to my driving anyway? Or is adaptation a onetime thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom