Residue from dealer stickers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bloodmoon

Car
C270 CDI Avantgarde
I attempted to peel off the dealer's advert sticker from the inside of my rear window.

After about an inch of peelage, I noticed the sticker was leaving behind a stubborn layer of scum on the window.

What should I be using to remove this mess? I have been told nail varnish remover, but thought I would ask the forum first.

Thanks in advance,

Antony

Most solvents would work, Methylated Spirits probably best. Careful not to spill it though, it might stain.

Next time, try heating up the sticker with a hairdryer, it softens the adhesive and makes it easier to remove.

Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover works wonders on anything sticky :)

Thanks for that chaps.

I reckon a trip to Halfords will pay dividends :)

--
Antony

yep, i used white spirit dabbed on a cloth and residue came os nicely!

Why not use a window scraper, the type that uses a stanley blade. Just make sure you avoid the heated rear screen elements.

Best stuff I have ever seen for removing sticker residue is Olbas oil !! - nip down the chemists if you dont have any in the medicine cabinet.

Dab a little on a cloth - and watch it disappear. The only downside is a slight pong of Olbas in the car for a week or so - but it keeps your nose clear!!

Safe and with non of the side effects of petroleum distillates as its a totally natural product - mind you, isnt Cobra venom a natural product too ??????

HTH

Mark

hmm...

Do Halfords sell cobras? If not, know any decent rent-a-snake places? Hehe, perhaps I can post a "venom milking FAQ" :)

Good idea about the Olbas Oil. I am sure I have some somewhere, will try it when I get home from work.

--
Antony

Originally posted by bloodmoon
Good idea about the Olbas Oil. I am sure I have some somewhere, will try it when I get home from work.
If not, ask your Gran, she's bound to have some, Grandmothers practically live off that stuff, combined with smelling salts, moth balls and a scary amount of lavender :)

tee hee - you'll have your car smelling lovely in no time.

Olbas oil to clean the gunk off the windows, peanut butter to clean the black trim coconut from the zymol polish etc etc.

Might be worth getting a fly trap in there

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom