Respray - Bedfordshire Area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fuzed

Car
C350 CDI (W204) & VW Golf TDI (Runabout).
Anyone know of a GOOD bodyshop in bedfordshire? The stone chips on the bonnet are annoying the hell out of me, I've tried to fill the larger one, but made it look even worse... lol

I spoke to MB Bedford and they said around £500 to do the bonnet and blend into the side panels.

Just wondering if there's anyone else that is BETTER and would supply a loan car whilst the work was being done?

Try a chap called ray from rs repairs in Higham Ferrers. Has a place in Bedford. He just sorted my wheels out for me. Very impressed with the quality and price.

looked at his reviews, seems to be well liked. Might give him a go, see what he says! :)

Honestly mate, if I were you I'd do it at Merc for £500 with blends

That's a good price, I was quoted £400 for mine no blends.. I've had my car into 2 bodyshops before getting a half decent result both had excellent reviews. The second one used by footballers etc

Spent more than the cost of having it done at Merc

At least if it was done at MB you are sure it'll be done correctly and have a go back...

yeah, very true mate, that was a rough quote as they've not seen the car yet, but will probably pop in next week and see what they say when I'm on site. If its around 500 including blends I might get them to do it!

yeah, very true mate, that was a rough quote as they've not seen the car yet, but will probably pop in next week and see what they say when I'm on site. If its around 500 including blends I might get them to do it!

Good idea, keep us updated :)

Will do bud... I popped into autowerx body shop in Milton Keynes on Thursday, he quoted me 180 plus the vat... But that was just the bonnet, and he said it was an easy colour to match. And would only need to blend one side of the car, as they would only respray the bonnet where the damage is and blend the rest... Not sure how that would look on a palladium silver vehicle

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Will do bud... I popped into autowerx body shop in Milton Keynes on Thursday, he quoted me 180 plus the vat... But that was just the bonnet, and he said it was an easy colour to match. And would only need to blend one side of the car, as they would only respray the bonnet where the damage is and blend the rest... Not sure how that would look on a palladium silver vehicle

Respraying half sounds like a bodge job

You ideally need to remove all the paint material on the Bonnet and start again

Trust me a bad job is worse than no job at all. It'll drive you insane, it certainly did for me :)

David (GLK) recommends a place up in Northampton if your not too far send me a PM and I can forward you the info

PS I had that dent on my wing pulled out, looks like new and for £40 can't complain ay :bannana:

Cheers

yeah, that's why I wasn't sure about what they were saying, sounded a bit weird doing half the bonnet etc, they've had a few fb reviews saying their work is good, but that did put me off a bit.

will pm you to get the info on the company David's used. :)

Oh... I've got a couple of small dings I want sorting, so will probably use the same guy! :)

yeah, that's why I wasn't sure about what they were saying, sounded a bit weird doing half the bonnet etc, they've had a few fb reviews saying their work is good, but that did put me off a bit.

will pm you to get the info on the company David's used. :)

Oh... I've got a couple of small dings I want sorting, so will probably use the same guy! :)

Yes does seem odd doing half

Drop me a PM when you need the info and I'll send over

Cheers

Thanks bud.

Thanks bud.

No worries at all :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom